GermanShepherdHome.net

Georgia: Herding

Posted By: SouthernThistle

Georgia: Herding - 09/10/10 05:52 PM

I didn't know if there was anyone in Georgia that might be interested in herding with their dog, but if there is, I thought I would post some contact information for the farm where Grimmies will be herding:

http://www.flyingcarpetkennels.com/

Individual training is available on sheep and ducks for all herding breeds. Herding instinct verification is available as well. Regular 'class' times are Saturday mornings from 9:00 until afternoon year round and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 until 9:30 during summer months. Slots are limited.

Training takes place in a location suitable to you and your dogs level/ability.

60 x 60 pen (photo unavailable)
94 x 64 pen (photo)
240 x 170 arena (photo)
5 acre field (photo)
6 acre field (photo)

All training is done on a loose line until your dog is ready to work solely on voice or whistle direction. Each dog is trained in a manner best suited to its working style, temperament, and ability.

For more information contact Wendy Barlow-Eldredge, 678-427-2713, or email wendy@flyingcarpetkennels.com
Posted By: bianca

Re: Georgia: Herding - 09/10/10 10:06 PM

Wow I so wish I could do that. That sounds amazing! When does Grimm start?
Posted By: SouthernThistle

Re: Georgia: Herding - 09/18/10 07:21 PM

He won't start until the end of October. I have things scheduled every single Saturday in September that are not able to be rescheduled, and the trainer/owner of the facility has full weekends in October due to hosting and competing in trials and personal items.
© 2018 GermanShepherdHome.net