EsterC is readily available and a good type to use, it can be given in tablets, capsules, or powder. I use sodium ascorbate here because Max tolerates that the best. Here's a recent thread with a discussion on the versions of C: http://www.germanshepherdhome.net/forum/....html#Post55988
I would give the 500mg twice a day. If that's tolerated, you can increase it to 1000mg twice a day.
I found this reference to the Balch and Balch book, Prescription for Natural Healing (doses for adult humans):
...SUMMARY from the entry on 'Warts' in the book Prescription for Nutritional Healing (3rd Edition). The authors are Phyllis A. Balch, CNC and James F. Balch, MD. I have not typed it out word for word.
* Warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV)
* The most important supplements are Vit. B complex for normal cell multiplication, and Vit. C with bioflavonoids for its antiviral activity. Suggested dosage: 50mg of each major B vitamin 3 x daily, and 4000-10,000 mg daily of vit. C.
OTHER IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS
* L-Cysteine. 500 mg twice daily.
*Methylsulfonyl-methane (MSM). Take as directed on the label.
* Vitamin A with mixed carotenoids including natural beta-carotene.
* Vitamin E. 400-800 IU daily. You can also cut open the Vit. E capsules and apply them to the wart daily.
* Zinc. 50-80 mg daily.
LESS IMPORTANT, BUT STILL HELPFUL
* Multivitamin and mineral complex * Reishi or shiitake extract
* Aloe vera gel, myrhh; oils of clove, lemongrass, peppermint, tea tree or wintergreen.
* Tinctures of black walnut, chickweed, goldenseal and pau d'arco used externally on the warts.
* Aloe vera gel dabbed on the wart two or three times daily.
* Black walnut, esp. for warts in the mouth and throat.
WAYS TO REMOVE WARTS
* Apply crushed garlic and cover with bandage for 24 hours. Blisters will form, and it will fall off in about a week.
* Eat more foods with sulfur-containing amino acids: asparagus, citrus fruits, eggs, garlic, onions.
* Salicylic acid (eg aspirin).
from this thread: http://www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=103326
(btw, great book, I have it on my shelf)
Interesting about the vitamin B, and it looks like the sulfur in the MSM is what works on the warts. So if the vitamin C doesn't start turning things around quickly, I would add a multivitamin, and either a B-50 or MSM or both.