GermanShepherdHome.net

Shoshi's latest lump

Posted By: Shilohsmom

Shoshi's latest lump - 05/13/14 11:11 PM

On Saturday I went to remove what I thought was a tick on Shoshi's neck. As I went to remove it I realized it wasn't a tick. It was a new lump that formed really quick. I rush this pup to the Vet so much I tried to just relax. I knew my dear friend Dr. Tabai would be alone and completely swamped with clients so I figured I'd wait a couple of days, watch it and then take her in.

I took her in this afternoon and its questionable. Not sure what it is. I'm thinking it will be ok but she is scheduled to have it removed tomorrow. The doctor wants to see what it looks like from behind.

I think right now I just need to think she is going to be fine, but I'll take lots of thoughts and prayers for my little girl. One thing is for sure is if it is anything I know I caught it quick. It wasn't there last week.
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/13/14 11:27 PM

That is quick growing.mI'm so glad its scheduled to come off just as quick.
Prayers and healing thoughts for both you and dear Shoshi. hugging

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:18 AM

Thanks Sandra. I'm sure it's going to be ok. I was talking to Patti and she brought up a good point in that it happened so quickly so who know's what it could be. It would make sense to be a reaction to something rather than some tumor that wouldn't likely grow that fast. I'm a worry wart. My hands are all the time all over my pups. I'm always (well, not always) but regularly checking them for any changes. The boys never have any of these issues. Shoshi, on the other hand, seems to always have some type of lump or bump that needs to be checked out. I'm finally good at identifying ingrown hair folicules (sp?) but this one is different. I'm just glad it will be gone tomorrow and hopefully we will have some answers.
Posted By: Braverhund

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:34 AM

This will be absolutely be nothing to worry about, hugging a very minor detail soon forgotten. Miss Shoshi, adorable pixyish cutie-pie, wub will sashay right through this with her usual effervescent zestyness. By tomorrow evening, you'll have an answer and an easy treatment plan, if there is to be one, for this nothing-to-worry-about. Until then, please count on tons of powerful prayers, angel strong well-wishes & good thoughts, butterfly and calming vibes peacesign beaming out to both you and ShoshiSweetness! hugging
Posted By: Karin

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 05:37 AM

Sending good thoughts that little Miss Shoshi's bump will be absolutely nothing to be concerned about. hugging
Posted By: Wolfie

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 07:31 AM

Positive thoughts for Shoshi. Praying this little lump is nothing and is removed with ease. hugging crossedfingers smile
Posted By: bianca

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 07:49 AM

Adding my thoughts and prayers for your sweet girl hugging
Posted By: Mary Jane

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 11:56 AM

Well, of course you have to worry-it's Shoshi-it's perfectly understandable.

So many more positive thoughts for you and your little furry angel. Do keep us posted and take care.
Posted By: Kayos

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:09 PM

Hoping the lump is nothing and Shoshi comes through with flying colors today!
Posted By: PositiveDog

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:36 PM

Thinking of you and Shoshi today. hugging
Posted By: Sylv

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:41 PM

Thinking of you hugging
Posted By: BasiaBear

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 12:41 PM

Happy vibes have been sent! Keep us updated...

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 01:26 PM

Thanks everyone. Shoshi's appointment is at 9:45 today so I'll likely know something by late morning. If they send it to pathology then it will take longer but I would think I'll have an idea this morning.

I'm not overly worried about it. Of course, I'm concerned but I'm not freaking out. I just really want to know what this thing is.

I'll update as soon as I can. hugging

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 01:50 PM

Holding the adorable Shoshi in my very best thoughts and prayers for an easy procedure and a simple explanation of this going-to-be-nothing lump. Remember to take extra good care of you Rosa as you go through the waiting for news. hugging We are all right here with you, beaming powerful positive vibes for your spunky-sweet Shoshi! grouphug
Posted By: Kris

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 03:45 PM

All fingers crossed that it's nothing!! It happened to Murphy - a lump that kept reappearing on her nose over 10 years or more. Long story, but it was benign. After the third surgery to remove it, we just let it go because by then she was 14 or so. It was about the size of a half grape and didn't bother her at all.
Posted By: TimberWolf

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 04:06 PM

Hoping for good news for Shoshi. Hugs

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 06:13 PM

Shoshi is home and looks wonderful!!!!! It went very well. They are sending it to pathology but Dr. didn't think it was anything to be concerned with. He was able to completely remove it. While she was there (and under) I had the stye in her removed as well. I figured if she's put under why not take care of everything at once.

Poor little girl. She so didn't want to go to the back with the Vet. Broke my heart. I had to walk her all the way to the back. It must be so hard to be so afraid and have no control. teary

I bought some cheese when I returned hoping she would take some from them without seeing me yet, but no go.

I just think I'm going to hold her in my arms all day while I cuddle her in my heart.

Thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts. They help. I believe in that. I know I'm a worry wart when it comes to my little girl but I can't help it.
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 06:24 PM

Awww Shoshi, your Mom loves you and takes such good care of you. I'm sorry she was scared to go to the back alone. frown
I'm glad its all behind you now and the test will come back negative. wink
Now time for some cuddles hugging
Posted By: TimberWolf

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 06:39 PM

Rosa, I am glad to hear everything went well and looks good from the Vet's initial perspective. Thank you for the update.
Posted By: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 10:07 PM

Rosa, I am glad that Shoshi's lump was removed and things sound good.

I have had trouble with the dogs not wanting to go out of the exam room with the Vet. So with all but DeeDee all I had to do was give them permission to go or tell them to go and they were better. Most of the time my dogs are so nosy they really would like to see what is going on back there. With DeeDee it was better if I did the quick escape out of the Exam room and then she would go with them.

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/14/14 11:10 PM

9 thousand-gazillion-quintrillion HUGS, Rosa. Really, zero apology needed in your understandable worry for your precious girl! hugging hugging hugging Your cherished Shoshi is surely eating up every single iota of your wonderful love for her. So glad this turned out to be nothing! Enjoy your snuggles with your dear girl tonight!

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/15/14 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Wisc.Tiger_Val
Rosa, I am glad that Shoshi's lump was removed and things sound good.

I have had trouble with the dogs not wanting to go out of the exam room with the Vet. So with all but DeeDee all I had to do was give them permission to go or tell them to go and they were better. Most of the time my dogs are so nosy they really would like to see what is going on back there. With DeeDee it was better if I did the quick escape out of the Exam room and then she would go with them.

Val, your dogs are clearly much better trained than my dear Shoshona smile When I handed over the leash I said something like 'go ahead darling, it'll be ok' and instantly she was thrashing from side to side, putting on the breaks the best she could and pulling like crazy. Of course, I took the leash right back and let her back. One things for sure my girl would never go with a stranger-she won't even go with a friend smile

It must be awful being so small and in so little control. The poor thing was afraid. While she's never been hurt in the back room, she has been poked and had little things done so she knows that's a place she doesn't want to go. Heck, I wish I could be so honest about my feelings sometimes laugh

She will be ok. I'm just so glad that thing is off her and that she is safe. Thanks again everyone.
Posted By: Wolfie

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/15/14 12:49 AM

I'm glad Shoshi's hitchhiker lump is now gone. *sigh of relief for you both.* smile

Poor girl, not wanting to leave her momma. hugging The unexpected of what's going to happen can be scary.paranoid

Yukon goes no problem, but once he's back there he screams his heart out. The nurses and vets always come out laughing and saying what a big cry baby he is. Yes, he is.wub
Posted By: bianca

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/15/14 08:01 AM

That's sounds really positive, what a relief hugging I know what you mean about the vets, poor Coop has been so many times that now I take him through to the back and put him in the cage frown
Posted By: Kayos

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/15/14 03:37 PM

Glad to hear all went well.

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 02:03 AM

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the pathology report came back today. The lump/thing was benign and completely removed. All is great!!! groovy

Shoshi is doing great...what can I say??? I'm in love... wub
Posted By: PositiveDog

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 03:01 AM

penguin_spin 3penguins penguin

Bring on the dancing penguins!

Great news!
Posted By: MaxaLisa

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 04:43 AM

Great news laugh

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 12:49 PM

party party party party party party party Woohoo!! There's no stoppin' ShoshiBounce now! HOORAAAAYYY for a great path report! party party party party party party party party
Posted By: Mary Jane

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 12:55 PM

Thank goodness flowerbasket

Re: Shoshi's latest lump - 05/17/14 01:56 PM

Thank you all so much.
© 2018 GermanShepherdHome.net