GermanShepherdHome.net

Gas-X and on watch

Posted By: Zisso

Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 06:06 PM

I may be being overly cautious or freaking out for no reason.

All morning I have been hearing a doggy tummy making all kinds of creaking noises, very much like a creaking door. It reminds me of when we have tummy issues with the flu. I was unable to tell which dog it was. Finally, I thought I narrowed it down to Nadia and decided to give her Gas X just in case. They are both acting normal, but the tummy gurgling is not normal for either of them. Then I realised it was Z's tummy making all the noise so dosed him with Gas X too. If nothing else, perhaps this will settle the gurgling. I do not think either are in any kind of distress at the moment but I will be keeping close watch all day to be sure.

Hoping tummies settle and all is well.
Posted By: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 07:13 PM

Bev, I hope your two are ok. Not sure what your weather is like, but when we would have a lot of fronts moving through some times my dogs would get a little off. Not really sick, just a bit mopey.
Posted By: Braverhund

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 07:26 PM

Bev, may this be just a noisy tummy day. We've had 'em here, too. Hoping that you have a quiet, calm, uneventful day with no new developments. crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers
Posted By: ozzyandsandi

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 09:03 PM

Finger crossed for you Bev, we get rumbly tummy here too.
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 10:26 PM

Every once in awhile one of the heathens get a real rumbley tummy. I don't know why, but I do wish I had the gas x on hand when we do. sick
Posted By: Wolfie

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/18/14 11:00 PM

crossedfingers It's just tummy rumbles.

A couple of weeks ago Yukon and I both had lound tummies. It was like our tummies were talking to each other. laugh

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 01:14 AM

As soon as I gave the Gas X to Z, the rumbly tummy noises stopped! Makes me glad I keep it on hand. Not sure this was the perfect time to give it or not, but since he has always had a sensitive tummy, Ihave always worried about bloat. Nadia, I don't worry about and she had fresh breath for a bit wink

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 02:28 AM

ughhh! Now I am the lucky mom to smell what had the tummies upset...gas x is x ing the gas right into my space! sick

At least it did the job and I can open a window even though it is like 10 degrees out. smile
Posted By: Shilohsmom

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 03:10 AM

Oh thank goodness your pups are ok!!!! I don't think you can ever go wrong with Gas X just as a safety precaution in cases like this. Sounds like it was just upset tum tums.
Posted By: Wolfie

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 03:33 AM

Stink bombs, aren't they lovely.sick

At least the gas-x is doing it's job. That's good. smile
Posted By: PaddyD

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 02:25 PM

You can also give your dog a couple of Beanos with each meal until
the gas problem goes away. The Beano is supposed to be taken with
a meal that causes gas but I have found it works even afterwards.
Don't ask me why I know that.
lurking
Posted By: PaddyD

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 02:32 PM

Ignore the below posting.
hammer

I am not qualified to make such recommendations.

Originally Posted By: PaddyD
You can also give your dog a couple of Beanos with each meal until
the gas problem goes away. The Beano is supposed to be taken with
a meal that causes gas but I have found it works even afterwards.
Don't ask me why I know that.
lurking

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 02:43 PM

It is a better morning w/ all the stink bombs subsided smile PaddyD, you crack me up!

I don't know what made the tunnies upset unless they found something in the yard which is possible. I am super paranoid about things here like that because I was gone for 4 months and my brother had some unsavory characters around during that time, plus I have not exactly made friends here cleaning up all the riff raff...telling several of them to say the hell away permanently. I watc the dogs close, except in the early mornins when it is too cold for a human to be out tonguestuck
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 03:02 PM

So glad to hear the out come was only a few stinkers.
Posted By: Braverhund

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 03:05 PM

A couple of window-rattlers are nothing to worry about! thumbup Hooray!
Posted By: MaxaLisa

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 06:12 PM

Stinky is definitely better than winding up in the ER! Glad they are okay.
Posted By: Tarheel

Re: Gas-X and on watch - 01/19/14 11:14 PM

Glad it was a false alarm. I have a champion farter, and he sleeps with his southern end pointed at me about half the time.
© 2018 GermanShepherdHome.net