GermanShepherdHome.net

I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :(

Posted By: arycrest

I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/02/15 05:38 PM

I lost my dear Slider on April 4th of this year and his son Bruiser celebrated his 10 birthday on April 5th.

For a few months I thought Slider was drinking a lot of water (my 2 gallon water bowl was emptied every day), but it continued after he died. It took me a while to narrow down the water hog to Bruiser, Slider's 10 year old son.

After I determined which dog was the "H2O dipsomaniac" I immediately made an appointment with the vet and he had his senior blood work done around the 16th or 17th of June. Sadly, my vet said his blood work indicated that he had some type of cancer due to a high calcium count (can't recall the technical name).

On Monday, June 22, he had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with a dobule whammy of having two types of cancer!!! A perianal tumor/adenocarcimoa that extends along almost his entire rectum. This spread to his sub-lumbar L N's (2 regions) and the prognosis sucks ... he has only about 4 or 5 months to live. The vet didn't think surgery was an option, just keep him happy with palliative care.

Tuesday and Wednesday he had a Pamidtemode infusion which hopefully "blocked" the sluffing off of calcium which has been causing him to drink too much water and subsequently pee every two hours. Since they always pee a lot after iv's, I didn't count yesterday when he came home. I'm also not counting today ... BUT ... knock on wood ... so far he doesn't seem to be drinking as much and isn't having to pee every two hours, so hopefully this infusion is working to make him more comfortable.

This just isn't fair, he's so young for a senior to have such a deadly prognosis!!!

Opinions and recommendations are more than welcome regardless if you agree with my plans or not.

Posted By: Woodreb

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/02/15 07:39 PM

I have no recommendations, but I'm sorry to hear this about Slider. Sending good thoughts for the both of you.
Posted By: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/02/15 08:20 PM

Gayle I don't have any recommendations. I think palliative care is what I would do. I personally am not sold on the cancer treatment for dogs. I have always believed more in quality of their life then the quantity of life.

Sending you guys some hugs.
Posted By: GraciesMommy

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/02/15 11:15 PM

No recommendations Gayle just lots of hugs coming your way. xoxo
Posted By: PositiveDog

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/03/15 01:11 AM

Damn. teary

I'm so sorry your beautiful boy has cancer. We have too many dogs with health problems right now, here on the forum.

I hope you and Bruiser have more good days than expected ahead of you.

hugging
Posted By: Mary Jane

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/03/15 01:22 AM

I hate to read this but Bruiser will have more good days.

It's just too hard.

Mary Jane
Posted By: middleofnowhere

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/03/15 01:51 AM

May your handsome boy have many more great times and be happy and pain free for many many months.
Posted By: Shilohsmom

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/03/15 02:18 AM

Oh Gayle, my heart is so hurting for you and your dear Bruiser. hugging I hope and pray that you both have lots of really good days together. hugging
Posted By: FurKids

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/03/15 05:17 PM

Hi Gayle,

I'm so so sorry to hear this. Nissa (a young 8 years old) just had surgery about 6-8wks ago ago for an anal adenomacarcinoma but hers was below her rectum so surgery was recommended. I can understand why it's not in Bruiser's case. We started at home chemo drugs twice now and only lasted a few days because she was either vomiting or got diarrhea.

I got some great info from Lisa and others on the boards here. I put Nissa on some supplements that are showing great results in studies for helping with cancer. IP-6 is the one most recommended IP-6 with Insitol and the other is turmeric & pepper. I learned after Lisa mentioned it that pepper helps the turmeric do it's thing because there are absorption issues with using it straight out of the capsule. Even better is mixing it with something like coconut oil but I haven't gone that route yet because she's had some diarrhea issues on the chemo.

I give the IP-6 about an hour before meals with her hypothyroid meds in a ball of liversausage (I'd use 100% pumpkin but she won't always eat that) and then open and sprinkle the turmeric (one 500mg capsule) and pepper on her food. She's on a cooked diet right now because she can't have raw on chemo. You don't need much pepper and the kind that comes right out of the grinder is better than the pre-ground stuff. The IP-6 calls for 2 capsules but so far only using one, again because of diarrhea issues we are needing to find out what's causing it so I'm not upping that just yet but plan to once we get this all sorted out. We may find she's not be able to handle the chemo and then I will keep her on these supps. There are others but these are the most recommended ones is what I found.

So, you may be able to help him with these supps, they're all anti-inflammatory as well and since being on them Nissa is no longer limping on her shoulder which has some calcium kinda stuff in it I guess it's a bit like arthritis. The limp was getting real obvious and causing her to not be as active. If nothing else she's not in pain in her shoulder anymore smile They won't cure the cancer, but they may help him be more comfortable and give him some more quality time. They're not expensive nor difficult to dispense either.

My best to you and Bruiser. hugging
Posted By: MaxaLisa

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/05/15 04:52 PM

Gail, I'm so very very sorry. I think I mentioned that there is more discussion in Furkids' post, but the other thing you might consider is whether you have a holistic vet in the area that knows chinese herbal medicine. A lot of those herbals can enhance quality of life and treat many of the symptoms that may pop up.

I hope that the infusion helps for a long time - I don't know anything about that stuff, I just want your boy to feel more comfortable.

We are here for you hugging
Posted By: Qyn

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/15/15 02:43 PM

My first opinion is that Bruiser is too beautiful to be called handsome so he is lucky he has such a masculine name.

My second opinion is that you always make the right decisions for your dogs so I don't expect this to change in Bruiser's circumstance and that you have to make any sort of decision for him at this age is a tragedy ..... hugs to you both! hugging hugging imsorry

My suggestion is that as the infusion of pamidronate can affect renal function that some support may be needed there at some point so keep that in mind as far as a palliative care concern.

Gayle, I am truly sorry for this diagnosis and I hope this can be managed well for the longest time possible. Heartfelt best wishes. paw
Posted By: Codmaster

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/15/15 05:41 PM

Damn! What a bummer for you and your (very beautiful!!!) guy!

Just enjoy him as long as you can (take lots of pictures and video - they help later!!!!!!!!) Keep him as comfortable as possible!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Sylv

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/15/15 05:52 PM

I am sorry to hear this. May you have many more good days with Bruiser.
Posted By: SeanRescueMom

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/16/15 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: arycrest
Opinions and recommendations are more than welcome regardless if you agree with my plans or not.

I don't know how I missed your post, I'm so sorry. No opinions or recommendations but we all trust your instincts. You are Bruiser's mom and have his best interest at heart. I'm sending special thoughts and prayers your way. hugging hug hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/19/15 10:21 PM

Thanks Allison ... he had a blood test last week and his calcium level was normal and everything seemed "okay". But I'll definitely keep it in mind. You'd never in a million years guess he was so ill just by looking at him. He's bright eyed, gets along fine, etc., so even though the prognosis is so poor, I'm enjoying what time we have left together!!!

PS ... that picture is one of my favorites, but it was taken about 9 years ago when he was young!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/19/15 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Codmaster
Damn! What a bummer for you and your (very beautiful!!!) guy!

Just enjoy him as long as you can (take lots of pictures and video - they help later!!!!!!!!) Keep him as comfortable as possible!!!!!!!!
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. It's easy right now because he's feeling good, doesn't act like he's sick. I do need to take more pictures ... it's our rainy season and every time I want to go out to take pictures we have a T-storm.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/19/15 10:33 PM

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for all your kind thoughts and words. It's nice to know you can come some place where people understand the bonds between people and their dogs and how devastating an illness or death can be.

This is a picture I took about 3 weeks ago.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/19/15 11:17 PM

Hello, Big Bruiser.

You are so right. To look at him it's all sunshine and roses. He doesn't give a thing away.

I hope you are both having some very wonderful days. I think of you often. Thanks for sharing these pictures and your thoughts.

hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/20/15 10:05 PM

I hope that things are going okay over there.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/23/15 03:16 PM

Thanks for posting a current photo - he is still as beautiful as the earlier photo. My sincere best wishes for both him and you. hugging
Posted By: Braverhund

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/23/15 10:22 PM

Gayle, my heart goes out to you. hugging Bruiser is one very handsome fellow. I am so sorry that you are going through this. What a very special, deep, and loving bond you two share. I remember Slider, too, and know that your dogs lives are always so very filled with love. May you and your gorgeous, sweet boy have your time richly extended. grouphug

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/24/15 03:17 PM

Gayle I am glad that the infusion helped. Any time we can get with our without them suffering is a blessing.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/26/15 12:55 PM

Just an update ...

I had to have Bruiser squeezed in as an emergency vet appointment Friday afternoon for an inability to defecate of all things (he was NOT constipated). And as luck would have it he took a dump in the waiting room (couldn't rush him outside fast enough). My vet tried to do a digital rectal exam but the tumor prevented her from getting to his lymph glads so he'll have to go back for an x-ray at a later date.

Anyway, we're changing him to a "soft" type diet which hopefully will enable him to pass his feces more easily. I got some tips from FB friends about some foods which I can add that would also help him. If any of y'all have any tips I'd LOVE to hear them!!!

I also talked to the vet about starting him on Tramadol since he has the two tumors in his spine and I assume discomfort from the rectal tumor when he can't defecate ... this should help him "taking the poop position!" She also wanted to start him on Meloxicam ... I still had a lot of both meds left over from Slider so now he's getting Tramadol twice a day and the Meloxicam once a day with a little peanut butter.

It's been almost 4 weeks now since his infusion and it's still working ... normal consumption of water so at least there is some good news!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/26/15 02:53 PM

Thanks for the update on your sweet Bruiser, Gayle! paw I am sorry he had a tough time defecating, hopefully the softer diet will ease things for him considerably. I also am liking the tramadol and meloxicam, and am really glad pain control will be enhanced! May your special, darling Bruiser continue to do well with the infusion benefits. Yay! More ongoing good thoughts and well-wishes for your Bruiser (and you!) are on the way! hugging hugging hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/27/15 12:46 AM

Thanks Patti, I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/27/15 07:30 PM

Gail, I'm sorry he's having trouble with poop and is at this next stage hugging

I don't think I have any good ideas, other than maybe pumpkin or ground flax. Every time I've tried canned food here, it started increasing kidney values, but that would be a big concern for you at this point, his comfort and ability to poop is.

You might try getting some plain whey protein (jarrow has some), and mixing it with a fluid he likes (indy like apple juice smile ), and feeding a "liquid meal" to help get some nutrition in him. When I had indy on a liquid diet when she was sick, I used that - probably also added some honey, not sure. Just throwing that out there.

Really really glad that the infusion worked!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/27/15 08:52 PM

No suggestions just lots and lots of hugs for Bruiser and you. hug hugging hug hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 07/29/15 01:31 PM

Thanks for the best wishes!!! Pumpkin? Great idea ... I'll pick some up today. You know, I never thought about putting him on a liquid diet ... I'm thinking of a long term type that would keep him full ... be easily digestible ... yet healthy. How long was Indy on a liquid diet? Did she drink anything besides the whey protein/honey drink?

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/01/15 11:09 PM

Indy was on a liquid diet for only 5 days. I think that's when I started slowly adding in mushed food. She had HGE at the time, which we just treated with diet and supplements. I took her in at the 5 day mark and the vet said that she looked great. I would have also added probiotics and glutamine to the mix for the stomach issues, which may or may not help in Bruiser's condition.

Jazz has eating issues here. I grind her (homecooked) food so it's more easily swallowed and digested, but that doesn't help at the other end though, it's still stool. (In fact, probiotics and glutamine would firm the stool up, so not good for Bruiser.) But when she goes off her food, I feed one meal of bone broth, just chicken stock that I cook in the crockpot. You might be able to do some feeding with soups? I used to also feed some of the goat's milk, Primal and Answers are both sold here in a few pet stores, and you might be able to rotate that in? The problem would be getting enough nutrition in him, and you need something like whey protein for that to get close I think???

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/05/15 01:16 AM

Thanks Lisa ...I can sure make the crock pot chicken broth ... let him have it as an extra treat PLUS it would probably be tasty to soak his kibble in!!! I don't know what I'm doing ... I'll take him up to the vets and weigh him ... make sure he's not losing weight. Then I'll have the blood test done to make sure his values are in the normal range ... and if not try to figure out what to do with his diet to get everything "normal". I detest having a sick dog and feel so frustrated just "playing it by ear" as far as his diet is concerned.

I "think" I forgot to mention he's also taking a stool softener twice a day.

I never thought I'd be the type of little ol' lady who would discuss her dog's bowel movements but ...
... Bruiser had a "normal" dump a few days ago ... I was so proud of him. Now he's back to the smaller turds.

But so far he continues to act like he's comfortable.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/05/15 01:43 AM

I don't have Lisa's background, so hopefully she weighs in on this.

Buddy especially does well with goat milk and I now use Primal because it has turmeric in it. You may, or may not want that.

But,it's expensive to use every day. I now rotate it with plain kefir, which I buy at the grocery store.

I pay $9.00 for the primal and only about $2.50 for kefir.

I want to make my own kefir, but haven't done that yet.

Also, maybe I missed it but can you add pumpkin to the diet? It could really help the stool.

Oops, edited: I see you did mention pumpkin already.

I hope Bruiser is having a good day.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/05/15 07:16 PM

... feel so frustrated just "playing it by ear" as far as his diet is concerned......

But so far he continues to act like he's comfortable.

When we're hit with these unusual things, we just have to do our best. I was in that "playing it by ear" mode with max for quite awhile, and it's stressful. I live in that mode with Jazz shocked

You are doing a great job keeping him comfortable - he's a lucky boy.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/05/15 08:52 PM

Just thinking of you my dear friend. I hope Bruiser is doing well today. hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/07/15 02:23 PM

I hate grocery shopping so haven't been yet ... my cupboards are bare so will be forced to go today or tomorrow. Pumpkin is on my list and I'll try to find the kefir.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/07/15 02:25 PM

Thanks Rosa. I hope and pray I'm keeping Bruiser comfortable. He's not showing any of the signs I look for when a dog isn't feeling well. But then again I know dogs are masters at hiding discomfort.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 08/07/15 06:51 PM

He is fighting to stay with you as much as you are fighting for him to stay. I have no doubr that you are in tune to him and will notice what's going on.
Posted By: Kayos

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/23/15 07:01 PM

Gayle any updates on Bruiser?

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/24/15 07:35 PM

Yeah, thanks for checking. One of the tumors has gotten larger, the anal glad is still functional, the others have stayed the same.

A change in meds from Meloxicam to pred. Had to stop the meloxicam and start him on Gabapentin for one week, then stop the Gabapentin and start the pred.

Had full body x-rays and no clue as to what's causing the sudden difficulty standing up.

And last night he woke up, hard panting, and his eyes had that gazey look. And he's baci t0 being bright eyed.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/24/15 11:27 PM

Poor boy! Our prayers are for him!
Posted By: BowWowMeow

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/25/15 12:12 AM

Gayle,

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry and am sending all good thoughts to your sweet boy, Bruiser. hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/25/15 02:28 PM

Just stopping in to give you some extra hugging I'm sorry he's progressed. You are doing a great job with him.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/25/15 02:31 PM

Your wonderful Bruiser has you on his side. Together, may you have more "good days."
hugging hugging hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 09/28/15 01:31 AM

Just want to leave thoughts and prayers for you and your dear Bruiser. I so hope you are having more good times than hard ones. hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 10/04/15 03:45 PM

Still thinking of you both and hoping for good news of days filled with love and fun. hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 10/05/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Shilohsmom
Still thinking of you both and hoping for good news of days filled with love and fun. hugging
Thanks Rosa!!! I'm appreciating all the time I'm able to spend with him!!! So far he seems to be feeling pretty good, doesn't appear to be in pain (he's taking 150mg of Tramadol 2x a day), is alert, chipper, eating with gusto. He gets an infusion for the high calcium in his blood every 3 or 4 weeks ... in fact he needs to go back for his blood test either this week or next week (forget which).

Take care!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 10/05/15 10:14 PM

I am so happy that Bruiser is eating well and doing good on the Tramadol. You are really taking excellent care of your wonderful boy! Love that Bruiser! wub More positive thought and vibes being sent to you and your magnificent Bruiser! hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 10/06/15 11:47 AM

It's really great that the pain medicine works for Bruiser. Just my experience, but I think a good appetite means a whole lot. I hope you enjoy the fall with big Bruiser

MJ.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 10/08/15 11:55 AM

Happy he is doing so well and hope it continues for a long time.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 07:34 PM

I'm worried about Bruiser ... he has a 4PM appointment with the vet.

His stools are black which IMHO may be a sign of internal bleeding (haven't changed his diet) and he has only pooped a few little marbles in the past two or three days. But he still has a good appetite, goes outside and enjoys being a dog so hopefully there's something the vet can do/recommend to overcome this latest problem. I got him a new brand of stool softener so maybe it's that but he was pooping marbles before I started using it.

I took this picture of Bruiser a couple weeks ago!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 08:23 PM

That doesn't sound too good - best wishes for you and your boy!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 08:24 PM

BTW - Very nice looking fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 08:33 PM

Wishing you the best for Bruiser Gayle.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 10:05 PM

Thinking of Bruiser.

It's hard to put into words anything to really help your heavy heart. But hopefully knowing so many of us care helps a little.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 10:55 PM

Sending good thoughts for you and Bruiser

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/16/15 11:16 PM

Sending good thoughts to you and Bruiser, Gayle. He sure is a handsome guy. wub

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 03:03 AM

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and thoughts!!!

As luck would have it, he dropped a turd when we got to the vet's office ... the first one in days ... not a normal bowel movement but better than black marbles.

Some "good" news ...

... Bruiser's vet agreed that the black stool indicated old blood BUT when she stuck her finger up his anus, she found normal stool mixed with a little black. He had a blood test, his values were in the normal range (except for the calcium of course) so she feels that whatever was causing the bleeding has STOPPED!!!

He's scheduled for another one of his infusions for Wednesday BUT sadly she said that this will be the last one, that she doesn't feel they will be doing any good controlling the high calcium values in the future. He'll also have some x-rays to see how the tumors are progressing.

Knock on wood, as long as he seems to feel good, not have any noticeable pain, is eating, drinking, alert, enjoying going out and being a dog, etc. then that's all I'll ask of him at this time!!

Thanks Codmaster, I think he's nice looking too!!! smile

So we continue taking it "one day at a time"!!!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 09:31 AM

Been awhile since I've been to the boards. Isn't he supposed to be like 12 years old? He doesn't look it! He looks alot like our Gracie and she's only about 4 (we think).

I read the last you posted, happy to hear of some good news smile I like your attitude! Hang in there, we are all thinking of you (even if I don't get here very often!)

Deb

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 11:58 AM

Thanks Deb for the kind words!!! Bruiser was 10 on April 5th ... his Daddy, Slider, was 12-1/2 when he died this past April, maybe you're thinking of him?

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 12:41 PM

Hope Bruiser continues to be stable. I surely understand what you are feeling.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 01:03 PM

Thanks Deb for the kind words!!! Bruiser was 10 on April 5th ... his Daddy, Slider, was 12-1/2 when he died this past April, maybe you're thinking of him?

You must be right, wrong dog. But Bruiser doesn't look 10 either! He and our dogs must have good genes, LOL! Keeping good thoughts for you and Bruiser!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 01:35 PM

You guys are in my thoughts hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 01:48 PM

It's good to hear the internal bleeding stopped.

sending lots of good thoughts to you both.

MJ
Posted By: aubie

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/17/15 03:37 PM

Good news about the bleeding. Hoping you guys have some great days, weeks and months ahead! hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 01:03 AM

BRUISER ... ARYCREST GRAND SLAM
APRIL 5, 2005 - NOVEMBER 18, 2015 teary

REST IN PEACE SWEET BRUISER, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

It happened fast ... and may not have been cancer related.

Last night he collapsed, fell down the dog ramp and couldn't get up. I finally got him in the van and called my vet. She told me to get him up to the hospital by 8AM this morning. They had to take him in on a stretcher. He stabilized some then WHAM BAM ... He started going downhill FAST. They weren't even sure I could get there in time to be with him (the vet is about 45 minutes from my house). By the time I got up there he couldn't even raise his head, he would open his eyes every so often when I spoke to him and stroked his face. No attempt to get up or even raise his head. The vet had tried a few things but nothing worked and she was at a loss as to what was happening.

I'm having a necropsy done to see if she can figure what happened.
Posted By: aubie

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 01:17 AM

Oh my gosh! So sorry! Hugs and prayers of comfort. Rest in peace dear Bruiser. gsdhalo hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 01:38 AM

I am so sorry RIP Bruiser.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 01:51 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Such a sad and sudden loss for you. You are in my heart and I'll look for Bruiser's new, bright star in the sky tonight.

grouphug

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 02:04 AM

What a shock!

Bruiser rest in peace.

Mary Jane

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 02:11 AM

teary I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. rip Bruiser
Posted By: TimberWolf

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 02:13 AM

Oh my gosh. I just saw the post on Facebook but did not know he has died. Gayle, I am so very sorry for all the heartache you are experiencing right now. Loosing two fur babies in one year is so difficult to bear. Please accept my condolences.
Posted By: Islandgsds

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 02:41 AM

Gayle, my heart is breaking for you. teary Saying I'm sorry seems so small at times like this, but it's all we have.
R.I.P. sweet Bruiser, run and play in the warm sunny meadows by the rainbow bridge with your Dad Slider. gsdsit Until its time for Gayle to come to meet you. butterfly
Posted By: middleofnowhere

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 04:34 AM

I'm so sorry Gayle.
Posted By: Kris

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 04:57 AM

I'm so sorry Gayle. Run free and healthy beautiful boy... butterfly

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 05:29 AM

What sadness, you must have been beside yourself. I'm so sorry. Be at peace, sweet Bruiser. Enjoy your newfound life with your Daddy.
Posted By: Wolfie

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 05:38 AM

Gayle, frown I am so very sorry. hugging's
Run free, Bruiser.gsdhalo

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 10:10 AM

Gayle, I'm so sorry. You fought for him and he fought for you. This sucks. hugging

I hope you get some answers.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 02:00 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss! feelingblue
Posted By: Charlotte

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/19/15 04:03 PM

I am so very very sorry for your loss. teary

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/20/15 03:25 AM

How terrible!

Greatest condolences for your loss.

Not that it will help much, but if it was a sudden thing, at least maybe your boy didn't suffer too much at the end!

BTW - what a GREAT picture of him!

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/20/15 03:57 AM

Gayle, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Bruiser. Take good care.

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/20/15 02:50 PM

Gayle, my deepest compassion. Your sweet Bruiser was so very well-loved. He truly had a beautiful life with you. Please take good care. hugging hugging hugging

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/21/15 03:45 PM

Gayle, I knew Bruiser was sick but didn't realize he had passed away. I'm so terribly sorry for what you both have been through. hugging My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and my sincere condolences. angel

Re: I can't believe this is happening ... Bruiser :( - 11/22/15 11:35 AM

Oh Gayle I am so sorry to read this I have not been on this board for a couple of days. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your beautiful sweet boy! xo

rip Bruiser teary hugging
© 2018 GermanShepherdHome.net