GermanShepherdHome.net

Close call!

Posted By: Zisso

Close call! - 07/16/22 01:18 AM

This morning the contractor came to check out the bad area in my yard, and to have his guys put my secondary fences back up. It took about an hour. They were here at 7 sharp, so were on their way by 8. Once they were 'gone' I got Gypsy and took her to the back yard.

Little did I know, that one of the guys came back in the yard. eek

Gypsy instantly spotted him as he was walking towards my back door and she positioned herself behind him, barking of course. I immediately told the guy STOP! He froze mid step. I said "Gypsy, House' and she came right to the door, into the house.

I made sure the guy was okay and explained I had no idea he had come back in the yard. He was fine, thank goodness. I was grateful that Gypsy listened to me and came in right away. Whewww!

So, she did her job and did it well enough for my likes. Now that particular crew guy (one I had not seen yet) knows I have a big dog. I know that she listens and minds me. Three cheers for my girl! party

The guy was returning the rest of my zip ties. (The only kind of zip ties I ever use are stainless steel ones.)

The contractor is coming back next week to fix part of the yard that he messed up the first time and we will be all done. He was really good about it.
Posted By: middleofnowhere

Re: Close call! - 07/16/22 05:04 AM

See! I've told you that GB is doing great. I'm glad she proved it to you. I hope you had a good treat for that pup.

Congrats to you both and to the crew for being chill about it.

Re: Close call! - 07/16/22 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by middleofnowhere
See! I've told you that GB is doing great. I'm glad she proved it to you. I hope you had a good treat for that pup.

Congrats to you both and to the crew for being chill about it.

Thank you Middle!

She sure did prove to me that the work and training is paying off. I was super proud of her for not biting the guy and for giving him a serious warning. The whole thing took a few seconds but it felt like a lot happened in those few seconds LOL She got a big milk bone for a job well done.
Posted By: jarn

Re: Close call! - 07/17/22 12:24 AM

Wow! Very good girl GB!!!!!! And Bev! This made me do a cheer.
Posted By: Mary Jane

Re: Close call! - 07/17/22 01:10 PM

That is pretty impressive! Gypsy sounds like the GSD Standard (from what little I know): issues a warning bark to a stranger, responds immediately to stand down.

You both deserve those three cheers!

MJ

Re: Close call! - 07/18/22 06:43 PM

Thank you Ladies!

I did fine it troubling that she positioned herself behind the guy as she barked. Maybe that was just part of her warning for him to stop, but I would have felt better if she had stayed between the guy and myself.

Either way, she impressed me with her recall. It was lightning fast!
Posted By: middleofnowhere

Re: Close call! - 07/19/22 03:29 PM

Well, Bev, she probably didn't perceive him as a threat. They can be very good at knowing human intentions. I am much impressed with you and the great GB!

Re: Close call! - 07/19/22 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by middleofnowhere
Well, Bev, she probably didn't perceive him as a threat. They can be very good at knowing human intentions. I am much impressed with you and the great GB!

You are too kind, Middle! Thank you smile
© 2022 GermanShepherdHome.net