10/15/21 10:11 AM
Toronto, ON
jarn Offline OP
Old Hand
jarn  Offline OP
Old Hand

Toronto, ON
Creepy experience 5:15am this morning.

I have a bad headache so didnít walk the boys this morning, just went out into the yard. There was an auto sharing car that drove SUPER slowly towards me - like creepy slow, inching along - then stopped. VERY slowly backed into some parking spots (ballsed it up too), stopped half way, then VERY slowly pulled out and went to one of the streets our complex is on, where I could see itís tail lights VERY slowly stop and I thought tried parking.

It was just weird and creepy and I was glad of the dogs, especially Agis (though Toby said Xerxes is the one theyíd have to watch out for, heh, Xerxes the Attack Beagle).

Toby thought maybe they were drunk. I dunno, but that time of day, woman on her own - I was like, that's right, I have dogs that will get you! (Maybe not, but deterrent and all that)

Jenn
Neb, Xerxes, and Agis
Timothy and Cordelia (kitties)
RIP Luc
RIP Teagan
Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356097
10/15/21 02:12 PM
10/15/21 02:12 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Well, another thought would be someone learning to drive perhaps?

But whatever, that would be cause to be suspicious or watchful. Glad they took their "drive" on down the road so you could get on with the dogs outing in the yard.

Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356100
10/15/21 07:29 PM
10/15/21 07:29 PM
Toronto, ON
jarn Offline OP
Old Hand
jarn  Offline OP
Old Hand

Toronto, ON
Other than the time of day and that it was a car share car...yeah, that sounds right. Perhaps someone who doesn't own a car but is trying to learn (they wouldn't be allowed be a car share member or to drive it, but perhaps someone they know is a car share member and helping them?). Weird time of day, but, it is the same kind of driving.

I was glad they left. I mean, the chances of it being something bad was small, but even still.

Got to get back to our long morning walks where Xerxes picks up half a flattened squirrel (thank goodness for the 'drop it' command) and bays at various times following interesting scents - not to mention us having to change route to avoid skunks. The skunks really have been bad for a few years now. We're averaging one a walk right now. Stupid skunks!

Jenn
Neb, Xerxes, and Agis
RIP Luc
RIP Teagan
Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356104
10/18/21 02:46 PM
10/18/21 02:46 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Jenn,
I'm glad you were alert and aware but mostly I am glad you are safe, that nothing came of this.

It does bring to mind, however, that at least in US culture women are schooled to believe they are most vulnerable to physical attacks. Although the info is many years old, last I knew the stats said that men were much more likely to be victims of violence than were women. I find it aggravating that women are taught to be fearful because they are women. Or women alone. That's not to say don't be aware - it's just to suggest maybe a lot of situations could be looked at as maybe gender neutral? Note: this message is brought to you by an old woman who has long resented the message that she needs a guy around. wink

Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356105
10/18/21 07:23 PM
10/18/21 07:23 PM
Toronto, ON
jarn Offline OP
Old Hand
jarn  Offline OP
Old Hand

Toronto, ON
Middle, you're not wrong. Similar sort of schooling here too. I think it factored in.

(It reminds me; the large park near us has trails, paths, and roads...I used to run there late at night and Toby once said 'I can't stop you, but I get nervous with you running there after dark...I would feel better if you only ran there in daylight.' I said, statistically, you're a bigger threat to me than a hypothetical stranger. He did not appreciate that observation. I ran there once at 9:30pm on a Saturday night and there was this guy behind me - I sprinted to full 2km out of the park and stopped running there in the dark (except on trails or during winter when it's dark so early)...I also try to bring a dog,)

Jenn
Neb, Xerxes, and Agis
RIP Luc
RIP Teagan
Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356106
10/18/21 07:57 PM
10/18/21 07:57 PM
S
Shilohsmom Online content
Carpal Tunnel
Shilohsmom  Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
S

I'm glad you're safe and that you had the pups with you. These days we really need to be aware of our surroundings. I had an incident here about two weeks ago. We were inside and I noticed a truck pull up in front of the house. One man got out and rushed towards my gate. I got in the doorway, signaled and yelled STOP! GET AWAY FROM THE GATE! I was trying to understand what he wanted but the dogs were barking so loudly at that point that I could barely hear him. He said something about a missing shingle on my roof and he wanted to fix it for me. I thanked him for letting me know and then told him to leave as I couldn't hold back the dogs much longer. He got back in the truck and they both left. Later I wish I had gotten a better description and had notified the police. Seems like some type of scan going on. Thing is you can never let your guard down, even when you're home.

Again, I'm glad you're safe.

Rosa

Proud Mom to Kody and Sasha
and never to be forgotten, Shiloh, Shoshi and Eli
Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!
Re: Creepy experience [Re: jarn] #356107
10/18/21 09:26 PM
10/18/21 09:26 PM
Toronto, ON
jarn Offline OP
Old Hand
jarn  Offline OP
Old Hand

Toronto, ON
Oh Rosa! That does sound sketchy. I'm glad you have the dogs too. Wow. Thank goodness you're safe.

I definitely felt better with the boys. I don't know that Agis would bite, but he would bark which is something.

Jenn
Neb, Xerxes, and Agis
RIP Luc
RIP Teagan
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
After Dinner
by Woodreb. 11/14/21 04:06 PM
Get well photos
by middleofnowhere. 11/14/21 03:33 AM
Nova is Four
by Mary Jane. 10/30/21 05:47 PM
I'd like to introduce....
by Woodreb. 10/30/21 12:35 AM
Happy Birthday, Ciara Bella
by Woodreb. 10/30/21 12:33 AM
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
When friends move away
by Shilohsmom. 11/27/21 08:36 PM
Hopes and Goals for 2022
by Shilohsmom. 11/22/21 05:51 PM
DNA tests
by jarn. 11/22/21 01:34 PM
The endless lists
by middleofnowhere. 11/19/21 09:06 PM
I thought this fit here
by middleofnowhere. 11/04/21 05:12 AM
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 23 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Members
GSDman, GSDluvah, Bonwno, Mongoski, Lawz67
3048 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics18,698
Posts291,498
Members3,048
Most Online991
Jan 15th, 2020