11/22/19 12:21 AM
11/22/19 12:21 AM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

If you could meet with a pet communicator and were able to communicate with any of your pets, past or present, which one would you choose? What kind of things would you want them to know or what would you want to find out from them? I'll have to think about this one.

Rosa

Proud Mom to Kody and Sasha
and never to be forgotten, Shiloh, Shoshi and Eli
Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Shilohsmom] #351715
11/22/19 12:45 PM
11/22/19 12:45 PM
Alexandria, NH
Woodreb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Woodreb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alexandria, NH
Right now - I'd want to know what it is that Caleb is sitting outside listening to at night.

Lately, when I let the dogs out at night time, they go do their business. Ciara comes back to the door to be let back in. I usually find Caleb sitting somewhere facing out. He always seems very intent, listening to whatever it is he is sensing out there. I think it's coyotes, but since I don't hear them, I don't really know for sure.

Actually, I think if I could ask him anything right now, he would say - "where's my chicken" We going to be away for a little while and can't take them with us. So they're going to be boarded and the place they will be staying doesn't have the facilities to store raw meat. So we're switching them temporarily to all kibble to get them used to the change before we go. He is not too happy about it and is letting us know that something is missing. rofl2

Johanna

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)
Ciara(aka Ciara Belle, Black Devil)

RIP Aodhán, Rica, Max, Kelly - gone but never forgotten - forever in my heart
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Shilohsmom] #351721
11/22/19 10:36 PM
11/22/19 10:36 PM
Los Lunas, NM
Kayos Offline

Can't Figure Tech Stuff Out
Kayos  Offline

Can't Figure Tech Stuff Out

Los Lunas, NM
I think it would be my first gsd, Lucky. I would ask her to forgive my bad training and use of too much compulsion.

Kathy

PAM, URO3, UCD, UACH Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" CD,BN,RE,AX,AJP,OFP,P1J,CA,DJ,HT,TKN,TC,CGCU, RATN 4/4/12
Jeli, (Pembroke Welsh corgi) RATI 5/13/19

Lucky, Wolf, Max, Kayos, Havoc - gone not forgotten. gsdhalo
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Kayos] #351729
11/22/19 11:29 PM
11/22/19 11:29 PM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

I've thought about this some and I would want to use it to communicate with Kody. I would love it if he could tell me everything he could about his fear issues. He seems to know it already, but I would let me know that I'm always here for him and how much I want to help him. And that no matter what, he is always safe with me.

I guess I've been lucky with two of my three losses. With those I was able to spend time with them so I was able to say most everything I wanted to. With Shoshi I shared a secret with her the night before having no idea it would be our last night together. But I am forever grateful that I told her my secret.

Rosa

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Shilohsmom] #351737
11/23/19 05:11 PM
11/23/19 05:11 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
I would want to use it with Gypsy. We have a few things to sort out!

I want her to know she can be nice to other people- that they are nice and that I would not let them harm her, ever!

I would like to tell her it is okay to be good around other dogs- to use caution of course, but not to be so scared, because again, I will always do my best to protect her.

And I would like to talk to her about calming down and taking it easy with Zisso because he is a senior. I want her to know that he would prefer to snuggle than to be rowdy. I would tell her to listen to him telepathically and learn how he feels because he might have aches and pains that she can affect.

I would ask her why she is always so dam wild, busy and demanding, and ask her to also take it easy on me. I would love to explain to her that some days I just plain don't feel good or don't have the energy to play a dozen games of fetch, and ask her to entertain herself without being destructive.

Last of all (Probably should have been first but..) I would explain to her that she has to ignore the neighbor dogs. That it is not nice to growl and bark at them every time they are out in their yards. That they are not out there to hurt her, and she needs to mind her own business when it comes to all of them. And Not just when I am out there playing with her and not just when she is wearing her e-collar.

Oh and I want to ask her why she doesn't want me to touch her right paw, and why snuggling is so difficult for her.

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07
Gypsy Breeze-DOB 10/26/18

R.I.P. Kiki, Nadia, Pepe, and all my other loves from years gone by.
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Woodreb] #351739
11/24/19 12:47 AM
11/24/19 12:47 AM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

Originally Posted by Woodreb
Right now - I'd want to know what it is that Caleb is sitting outside listening to at night.

Lately, when I let the dogs out at night time, they go do their business. Ciara comes back to the door to be let back in. I usually find Caleb sitting somewhere facing out. He always seems very intent, listening to whatever it is he is sensing out there. I think it's coyotes, but since I don't hear them, I don't really know for sure.

Actually, I think if I could ask him anything right now, he would say - "where's my chicken" We going to be away for a little while and can't take them with us. So they're going to be boarded and the place they will be staying doesn't have the facilities to store raw meat. So we're switching them temporarily to all kibble to get them used to the change before we go. He is not too happy about it and is letting us know that something is missing. rofl2

Johanna, I'm laughing now thinking how you would ask him this now and he would say 'where's my chicken".... well that's going to open up a whole can of worms... next you'll have to explain why your leaving them BEHIND in a KENNEL???? eek And they're not even getting our regular food????

I'm thinking some things are best not discussed rofl rofl rofl

Rosa

Re: Pet communicator [Re: Kayos] #351740
11/24/19 12:48 AM
11/24/19 12:48 AM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

Originally Posted by Kayos
I think it would be my first gsd, Lucky. I would ask her to forgive my bad training and use of too much compulsion.

So true, we really do learn as we go

Rosa

Re: Pet communicator [Re: Shilohsmom] #351741
11/24/19 12:55 AM
11/24/19 12:55 AM
Alexandria, NH
Woodreb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Woodreb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alexandria, NH
Originally Posted by Shilohsmom

Johanna, I'm laughing now thinking how you would ask him this now and he would say 'where's my chicken".... well that's going to open up a whole can of worms... next you'll have to explain why your leaving them BEHIND in a KENNEL???? eek And they're not even getting our regular food????

You're probably right! I think I'll table the idea for now. whistling

Johanna

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)
Ciara(aka Ciara Belle, Black Devil)

RIP Aodhán, Rica, Max, Kelly - gone but never forgotten - forever in my heart
Re: Pet communicator [Re: Zisso] #351742
11/24/19 12:57 AM
11/24/19 12:57 AM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

Originally Posted by Zisso
I would want to use it with Gypsy. We have a few things to sort out! 30

I want her to know she can be nice to other people- that they are nice and that I would not let them harm her, ever!

I would like to tell her it is okay to be good around other dogs- to use caution of course, but not to be so scared, because again, I will always do my best to protect her.

And I would like to talk to her about calming down and taking it easy with Zisso because he is a senior. I want her to know that he would prefer to snuggle than to be rowdy. I would tell her to listen to him telepathically and learn how he feels because he might have aches and pains that she can affect.

I would ask her why she is always so dam wild, busy and demanding, and ask her to also take it easy on me. I would love to explain to her that some days I just plain don't feel good or don't have the energy to play a dozen games of fetch, and ask her to entertain herself without being destructive.

Last of all (Probably should have been first but..) I would explain to her that she has to ignore the neighbor dogs. That it is not nice to growl and bark at them every time they are out in their yards. That they are not out there to hurt her, and she needs to mind her own business when it comes to all of them. And Not just when I am out there playing with her and not just when she is wearing her e-collar.

Oh and I want to ask her why she doesn't want me to touch her right paw, and why snuggling is so difficult for her.

I love reading all these responses.

Our pups (Sasha and Gypsy) are very close in age and are both very high energy dogs. I think they are both at an age where they have so much energy and are so excited about so much in this world that and they just can't slow down enough to cuddle. That's what I find with Sasha anyway. We do 'settle' each night for 30 mins where they have to lay down and relax. But I had to teach them that. It had helped a lot for me, but I'm thinking you might already do that.

Rosa

Re: Pet communicator [Re: Woodreb] #351743
11/24/19 12:58 AM
11/24/19 12:58 AM
S
Shilohsmom Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
Shilohsmom  Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
S

Originally Posted by Shilohsmom

You're probably right! I think I'll table the idea for now. whistling

Good idea whistling

Rosa

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
F Litter Puppies :D
by Indra. 12/06/19 05:36 AM
Hip dysplasia not hereditary
by jarn. 12/04/19 01:04 PM
Porky Pants!
by jarn. 12/04/19 12:31 PM
Blanket shopping
by Shilohsmom. 12/04/19 01:40 AM
Kody, Sasha and tree
by Shilohsmom. 12/02/19 04:10 PM
I love my babies
by Shilohsmom. 11/29/19 07:35 PM
December 2019 Photo Contest Entries
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/26/19 05:25 PM
Comments for December 2019 Contest
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/26/19 05:22 PM
Agis
by jarn. 11/26/19 01:51 AM
Puppy breath I'm thinking
by jarn. 11/25/19 11:40 PM
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Happy Thanksgiving
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/28/19 03:44 PM
World peace thru eating (not political0
by Mary Jane. 11/26/19 06:16 PM
Wheres Middle
by Shilohsmom. 11/22/19 12:15 AM
Weekend plans
by Shilohsmom. 11/16/19 04:43 PM
We're back!
by DarkEyes. 11/11/19 11:00 AM
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quinnsmom, 1 invisible), 57 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MarieElayne, WeyekinAcres, Xero, cutiebigdog, tommaheart
2971 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics18,348
Posts287,061
Members2,971
Most Online425
Nov 14th, 2019