Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
DarkEyes....

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Much appreciated and taken to heart.

I know there are days that I feel like giving up. I am almost 62 and I think that plays a role in this...I am not a spring chicken LOL I knew getting a puppy at my age would be harder, but I also didn't expect what I got. The constant hyperactive, get into everything, barking for attention- actually more of yipping at me when she wants attention because she is bored....nipping when I get a little playful with her...today she gave me a bruise on my wrist as she was nipping at my sleeve rather rambunctiously.

I make sure she gets a lot of exercise and try to do some training after that. We walk, and now that the weather is getting better I even walk in the evening on my days off. Gypsy yelps and shrieks when Z gets to go and she is left behind. Last night we went for our first evening walk and she was faced with passing a group of people on the path. She did Very well...no barking, and immediately got a click and treat. So people are getting better for her. She met that came to the house last week and almost immediately was her friend. I was super proud of her making by the crowd last night!

Dogs are a whole big deal. I strongly believe it has a lot to do with the yappers next door. So rather than try to block her all the time, I picked up lumber tarps to attach to the fence (chain link) so she can't see them. They might end up being up there for a long long time. But it will help to prevent the aggression that she shares with one of the yappers.

On top of her issues, Z has one or two, like he doesn't share toys nicely, so I have to keep his toys picked up when they are out together. She just doesn't know the difference and will try to take a toy from him. It was a fight over toys that caused a fight between him and Nadia-who in turn, looked me in the eye and bit my leg really bad.

So in the long run, I know this is going to be a long road and not an easy one. I will take all the advice I can get in her care and training to help her reach her full potential.

Again, thank you for your help and kind words!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07
Gypsy Breeze-DOB 10/26/18

R.I.P. Kiki, Nadia, Pepe, and all my other loves from years gone by.
Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350697
05/25/19 01:58 PM
05/25/19 01:58 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Bev, really, you are making good progress with this pup - I know she came with an already earned PIA title but you have done a lot. All I can add, is remember to award the good behavior for quite a while even after it is learned.

Now: . Gypsy yelps and shrieks when Z gets to go and she is left behind. ------- My youngest who is now a bit over 5 yo still does this when I take my older dog out. She also has an excitement attack when I go to the door to let them out never mind that she came in moments before. What I'm saying is you may not get over this one.

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350698
05/25/19 02:07 PM
05/25/19 02:07 PM
Alexandria, NH
Woodreb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Woodreb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alexandria, NH
Both of mine play the "deprived dog" if one goes for a walk and the other has to stay behind. And both of mine do the let's bark our fool heads off when they are let out together and you step outside with them. Caleb is 10 and Ciara is 7 and they've been like this forever. Every now and then I can get them to "quiet" when I step outside with them. It seems to be a tough battle to win. But they don't do this if you let them out but don't come out with them. In part it's excitement because Mom outside usually means we're going to have a Chuck-it session.
It sounds to me like she is coming along, although not as quickly as you may want her to.

Johanna

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)
Ciara(aka Ciara Belle, Black Devil)

RIP Aodhán, Rica, Max, Kelly - gone but never forgotten - forever in my heart
Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350700
05/26/19 02:20 PM
05/26/19 02:20 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Hey ladies!

Both of my daughter's are here to visit and go see my mom. They arrived after I was at work, and so they met Gypsy without me being home. She seems to really like my youngest daughter, and have a love hate with the eldest. My eldest also thinks she is a dog expert because she has her first dog ever. LOL But it seems to have gone well at least until I got home from work. Then she displayed signs of disloking when they got up and moved around the house...going to the kitchen or bathroom. The trainer told me before this was because Gypsy is not in control when they mover around the house and it causes her to be insecure.

We will go see my mom and then I believe the girls will go to a semi local flea market. I am not going- just not into the crowd up there! Waiting for the girls to get up and the ruckus from Gypsy to begin.

I will be walking the dogs while the girls are gone, doing our regular routine to the best of my ability to help her be calmer. She keeps looking down the hall now like she is hearing them stir. I dreaded their visit on one hand because I knew she would show her a**, but on the other hand it is good for her to have other people around.

Johanna Gypsy won't stay out without me! Z doesn't share toys well, so they get individual play time, one on one with me. Same with the walks of course.

Middle, thank you for the words of encouragement! She definitely has proven to be a challenge. Lots of hard work going in with hopes on the other side she will be a damn good dog. I hear the girls getting up. Talk later ladies!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350701
05/26/19 03:57 PM
05/26/19 03:57 PM
Alexandria, NH
Woodreb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Woodreb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alexandria, NH
I do walks one at a time, mainly so we can walk quietly instead of being buttheads. Play - Caleb has gotten to the point where he just takes one throw of his ball and then takes it to chew on in the shade. Ciara is the one with crazy ball drive and it's by far her most favorite toy and game. So I can take them out for play together without problems.
I've been fortunate that these two are not overly possessive of their toys. Mostly I get the "I don't care that you just gave me a toy, now that you are playing with another one with the other dog, I want that one.

Are your girls staying long? Perhaps Gypsy will settle a bit more over the next few days as they become a part of her routine.

Last edited by Woodreb; 05/26/19 03:58 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Johanna

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350702
05/26/19 06:40 PM
05/26/19 06:40 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Johanna, the girls will be leaving tomorrow. That is probably a good thing, at least for me.

Rochelle has a terrible habit of bossing me around and being very negative towards me. One f the first things she said is she doesn't think Gypsy is a full blooded German Shepherd. Because she is too tall. So she might be part Greyhound.... first of all I know where this line comes from and it is a line a large, working line GSD's. I can only shrug off her opinions as lack of knowledge and move on. I knew she was going to come in with her know it all attitude and basically treat me like I am stupid, which is why I dreaded the visit to start with. She is the reason I will never move back to Washington. I love her, but I don't like her all the time. We clash.

My younger daughter, Brigitte is usually self absorbed, but acting more adult than Rochelle, There is only a year between them. They have left to go to the flea market and I stayed home to spend some time with the dogs and have some quiet time. I would walk the dogs now but it just started raining and I am tired anyway. Gypsy is very reactive when either of the girls are up and about the house as opposed to just sitting and visiting. Rochelle says don't leash her but when G gets wound up R says stuff like I'm gonna smack you to the pup. I want to smack R, because she really Doesn't know what the hell she is doing and her ways are all wrong for this 7 month old pup! So time away from her is best for me. Plus I refuse to leave G crated all day- that is not fair to her. I do not know how G acts with the girls when I am not home, or how the girls are with G and that part bothers me! What if R does smack my dog when I am not here to protect her? Ackkk!

It will all be a distant memory tomorrow morning and I will deal with the fallout in regards to Gypsy's behavior. That is the bottom line.

We all went to see mom. Rochelle grew up having a close relationship with mom. Brigitte was adopted out at birth so knows mom only vaguely. It was a good visit. Mom has recovered from her last seizure enough to be close to her baseline, although it took her all of the last 2 weeks to get there when it used to only take a few days. I could tell that mom was getting tired and knew the girls wanted to go to the swap meet so we left after about an hour there. Now that I am home and they are gone, I just might take a nap!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350703
05/26/19 09:06 PM
05/26/19 09:06 PM
Alexandria, NH
Woodreb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Woodreb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alexandria, NH
thumbup Here's to Sunday afternoon naps while it's raining.

Johanna

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350704
05/27/19 04:28 PM
05/27/19 04:28 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Ayeeee.... friends/family...... and just those who don't listen, don't respect your house rules. And I'm not talking the young GB here... May you reclaim your home soon & may GB appreciate it for a couple of hours anyway.

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: middleofnowhere] #350705
05/28/19 05:08 AM
05/28/19 05:08 AM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere
Ayeeee.... friends/family...... and just those who don't listen, don't respect your house rules. And I'm not talking the young GB here... May you reclaim your home soon & may GB appreciate it for a couple of hours anyway.

We All appreciated having the house back to ourselves after the girls left. The dogs ran and played hard together, with GB jumping into the rain filled wading pool, spinning in it like she was a frantic fish a total of 3 times through the morning. When I went out to play with GB later, my brother showed up for an hour. She barked her fool head off at him, and I braked my fool head off at her. I was just over the barking. I finally got a good game of fetch in with each dog and we all relaxed the rest of the day. GB is getting super good about going into her crate when it is time for me to shower and go to work and gets huge praise for being sooo good. She gets marrow bones at times when I want to be online or watch TV without her in my face.

Tomorrow we resume our normal routine of walks every morning, fetch, training, etc. I will know how far back this weekend set us then. It might be pretty far or it might not. I am afraid of a big set back at this point because of all the hard work we have put in to get where we are.

My cable receiver started acting odd, doing frequent power cycles on Friday and I called Dish right away. They said they were sending me a new one and should have it Saturday. BS...tracking now says Wednesday. I use it for background noise to keep GB quiet when she hears things outside and when I am at work. Ughhh! I miss watching it as I go to bed too! Companies brag about fast shipping, but fail to calculate travel time for the merchandise to actually reach us in rural areas! Thank goodness for Amazon Prime movies!!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350714
05/30/19 05:50 PM
05/30/19 05:50 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Yesterday was supposed to be a day with the trainer but she rescheduled. I allowed it this time because I would rather not have Gypsy feed off of bad energy, but this gal needs to get with it here- for us. I paid a lot of money and am getting little for it. I paid $325 for 5 sessions and have gotten 2 so far, both of which have been no more than hanging out at my house.

However, I stepped up my game today.

First of all, I took Z for his walk. When he goes first, I am free to do more with G, and more did we do!

Took our normal walk; about 10-12 blocks. I made sure my house keys were in the garage before leaving, so as soon as we got back to the house, we jumped in the car and went to the feed store. Spent about an hour there. When she wanted to leave, we turned around and walked the store again. everyone she met, gave her treats. She was clearly still nervous there, but staying was a good choice because she calmed down.

Leaving there, we went to my brother's house. She likes it there and was fine. Got a drink of water, jumped in and out of the back of my car, got treats from my brother, helped me take his trash out. It was wonderful. We didn't stay more than 20 minutes.

Once home, she got the Zoomies, jumping in the wading pool, and played a bit of frisbee. We came in and she even let me dry her off. I mean without trying to steal the towel from me. That's a first.

I am happy to report that she is laying at my feet now.

Soooo! What this morning has taught me is that G needs a LOT more exercise. She needs every day trips to meet people and explore the world. She needs longer walks, more play time, and more car rides smile

I am not sure who to be more proud of...me for actually doing all of this.... or.... her for being the best she can be right now!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350715
05/30/19 06:10 PM
05/30/19 06:10 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Well let's just go with congratulations to both of you! It sounds like all three (including in here Mr. Z) had a good morning.

So far as the trainer goes --- maybe lay out what you want for the next session. If you'd like an out and about with specific issues to work on, maybe talk about it before hand? I dunno it's hard to know what to expect from one on one sessions. I did this once with a man I'd trained with before. We'd be visiting friends in town (I lived in Wyoming, the trainer was in the Willamette Valley) and I'd schedule three or so meetings in a week. That worked for me because what there was in Wyoming wasn't much at that time. But I was working for AKC obedience stuff rather than general behavior issues. From the sound of your morning 'though I think that the delayed session with the trainer is going to work in your favor. I'd follow your ideas on this one and repeat this routine a lot - maybe throw in a different location after a few trips to the feed store -- then see if you need to see the trainer just yet. I think you are stepping up your own game & by doing that you will be stepping up the trainer's game.

Good job Bev! I'd give you a treat except I can't throw that far.... (and I don't really have anything you'd want in the house anyway...aka ate all the chocolate).

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350716
05/30/19 06:48 PM
05/30/19 06:48 PM
Wisconsin
Wisc.Tiger_Val Offline
Member First - Owner Second "The Watcher"
Wisc.Tiger_Val  Offline
Member First - Owner Second "The Watcher"

Wisconsin
Good Job Bev. goodjob

Some times it is trial and error finding what works for an individual dog. Keep up the good work.

Val da Tiger

Fuzzybutt the cat.
Neilla the Big White puppy.

RIP Cheyenne - AKA: Digger, CheyChey Girl, Cheyenne Large and In charge. 2/16/02 - 2/27/16
RIP Raya - AKA: Raz-a, Ray a Sunshine, RayBestos, the little one, Silly Girl. 9/21/05 - 6/27/14
RIP Lakota - AKA: Bubba, Big Boy, BooBoo (the other part of the Binky and BooBoo team). 1/19/03-9/19/2011
RIP DeeDee - AKA: DD Poo, Little Bit, Binky (part of the Binky and Booboo team) 6/23/02-6/20/11
Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350726
06/04/19 09:00 PM
06/04/19 09:00 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Update:

We haven't seen the trainer for going on 3 weeks. However, Gypsy is making major improvements. She has learned how to settle down in the house which is Huge for me. I enjoy being able to just sit...to surf the net or watch TV. She is enjoying catching the Frisbee so much that I haven't had to break out a Cuz in a week. She Loves water...to splash in the wading pool or bite the water from the hose; if it's the wading pool, she has no problem of laying in the water. She is no longer counter surfing, or needing to be bribed to come in from the yard.

My daughter's were here Memorial weekend, and Gypsy was not good with them. She is so insecure about strangers, especially when they move around the house, and barks and tries to herd them,basically. Today was different though. Friends of dad's came to help me get one of my AC units in. Gypsy was in her crate, and barked briefly when they came to the door. After that, even though she could hear their voices, she was quiet. It was a first for her. She did not come out to meet them this time (they are basically not interested in her)and she was perfectly quiet until they left via the front door at which time she barked again, but short lived.

We are not working on her dog problem due to lack of trainer. I got a couple of lumber tarps and put them up on the chain link fence to prevent Gypsy from her continued aggression towards the little dogs who charge the fence. It is working perfectly. As soon as I can afford to, I am planning on getting fence tarps that are prettier to cover the entire length of the fence. Since putting up the lumber tarps, there has been no response to hearing the little dogs barking.

Gypsy weighs 64 lbs and is as tall as Zisso. They play so well together that I am in awe. It melts my heart to see them together, with Z being to careful with her, giving her lovin's and instigating the play. They are both happy dogs. Gypsy is still a bit rowdy with Z and he puts her in her place, then the play continues.

When they are outside together and Z barks, she runs for the house then proceeds to bark out the window. It is hilarious to watch. She will not stay outside and bark with him...always runs in to the house and then joins in on the bark fest. She is a silly goose for sure.

So my many Thank you's to ALL of you who have seen us through these first 5+ months! I felt like I was losing my mind many a time. You have all helped to save my sanity and saved Gypsy's life a few times too LOL I am relieved to have gotten this far and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. And yes, I realize there will be more trial and tribulations in our future. My now 7 month old little girl is going to be such an amazing furbaby for years to come!

Here they are playing to

[Linked Image]
gether this morning. They are normal dogs! Oh and I can't tell you all how good this is for my Zisso...he is acting like a pup these days!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350727
06/05/19 10:17 AM
06/05/19 10:17 AM
Tennessee
DarkEyes Offline
Enthusiast
DarkEyes  Offline
Enthusiast

Tennessee
This is great! I can say from the experience of my hyper, anxiety dog that it will probably never end... but so long as you do reinforcement training and plenty of daily exercises, she's going to be a great dog! You will have days when you want to take a break, and that's ok, as long as it isn't longer than a coupe of days. Reinforcement training would be your best bet on top of the daily walks. She's going to read your demeaner when it comes to strangers. You've just need to show her you got this. Remember, don't correct the barking because she's just warning them or letting them know she is there. My dog does that, and often she just wants to come get the smell of them, give 'em a small woof, and go back and watch. My husband doesn't let her do that and he just have issues keeping her controlled. I just let her get the smell, she lets him/her (usually a him) know she's watching, and goes back to her bed. She's very protective and is an alpha dog, but also the type that will quietly watch you and do nothing unless you give her one reason to think you'll hurt her family.
Every dog is different but Gypsy reminds me so much of Abbey when Abbey was a pup!

Abbey: 11 years old German Shepherd

Suki: 11 years old grumpy Calico

Bella: Kitten, Ragdoll

2 little angels/monsters in disguise: My 2 boys
Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: DarkEyes] #350736
06/05/19 09:22 PM
06/05/19 09:22 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Thank you DarkEyes!

Your insight and experience with Abbey gives me hope that our challenges will be fewer and easier to manage. When the friends came to help with the AC, she barked at the door being opened and I didn't say anything to her. If she gets carried away in the other room when she's crated, I tell her Quiet. She is doing soooo much better than even a few weeks ago.

We do meet up with the trainer on Friday to go for a walk. Now that it is getting hot here, our walks are not as frequent, but she is able to settle after short games of Frisbee. I won't let her run hard in the heat and get too hot. That clearly makes it harder for her to settle. We were just out for 10 minutes, and she already has laid down. Z wants nothing to do with the heat, probably because of his thick coat. I will be brushing and blowing him out tomorrow.

Gypsy loves water and I really wish there was someplace nearby to do dock diving with her. She would rock it! I need to find a bigger pet proof pool for home. She snaps at the water from the hose, and lays in the water in the wading pool. I finally had to empty the pool because the water was mucky from weather- dust, rain, and just brown yucky dirty. It was empty out there a couple of days, and yesterday she started dragging it around the yard. Cracked me up. Z didn't know what to make of that LOL

My lumber tarps are working just as intended. I found fence tarps on Amazon that are made for chain link fences so plan on doing that next month. They will be more pleasing to the eye and cover the entire 80' of fence. My theory worked and makes the investment worthwhile. 6' by 80' is only $140!

I can't wait to see how she continues to progress! Month by month, I can see her changing, mostly for the better. My heart goes pitter patter every time I see a new improvement. The best times are yet to come!

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350737
06/05/19 10:32 PM
06/05/19 10:32 PM
M
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel
middleofnowhere  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M

Ah Bev, This makes me happy. I'm so pleased with what you are coming up with, how you are working through this Ms. GB phases.

Only thing I have to offer on the pool/pond deal is consider a small stock tank. I got a 25 gallon one - green plastic. So far so good and this is probably year 4. Plus it doubles as a horse trough when I need it to.

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350738
06/06/19 05:28 AM
06/06/19 05:28 AM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
Thanks Middle!

I put up a post on FB classifieds here in town for one. Z won't be able to get in it, but I really want it for GB. I can't afford to buy a new one. The fence tarps come first. It is amazing how well the lumber tarps are working.

I am anxious to see the trainer again, but looks like it's going to rain so our planned walk might not happen. That's okay too since we haven't been on a walk for close to a week. I swear a switch went off in GB's head or something because she has mellowed out quite a bit. She wanted to play just now and I ignored her, so she got up in the big chair and is laying down. She has been crated a lot today so I expected her to be going bat shit crazy tonight.

So I might have a bit of a grasp on a lot of her problems, but the fact remains that she needs work around people and dogs. I need more company, and new ways to take care of the dog thing. I can't shield her with tarps forever (as in out in public)

I have a short weekend that starts with a good night sleep ...right now smile

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350740
06/07/19 01:08 AM
06/07/19 01:08 AM
Tennessee
DarkEyes Offline
Enthusiast
DarkEyes  Offline
Enthusiast

Tennessee
I always say... A tired dog is a good dog. If she goes bat shit crazy after being created so long, that just proves she has high energy drive that needs to be burned. Plus, she may listen better and get along with people better if she is tired from her exercise. She won't be overthinking every little thing. If you have room for a treadmill, invest in one. She can be trained to go/jog on the treadmill for those days you are not able to walk her.

Abbey: 11 years old German Shepherd

Suki: 11 years old grumpy Calico

Bella: Kitten, Ragdoll

2 little angels/monsters in disguise: My 2 boys
Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350743
06/07/19 02:54 AM
06/07/19 02:54 AM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
DarkEyes,
I wish I had room for a treadmill. My house is still full of things from dad that I can't find anyone to take off my hands. My brothers don't want any of it, and no one is interesting in buying the 'junk' because dad stuff was all older. As in from the 70's and 80's. I could take out the beds in the other room, but about the time I do that someone would be coming to visit and need to stay here, like my girls did on Memorial weekend.

Update on the Trainer....

We were scheduled to meet last week, which was to give me 2 weeks time to connect the dots on a few things we had talked about on our last session. During that two weeks, we had crummy weather, and I didn't get to connect as many dots as I wanted. Last week she cancelled due to personal drama going on in her life. We rescheduled for tomorrow. Now she has cancelled that too. I paid this lady $325.00 for 5 sessions, got 2, and haven't seen her for a month. I want my money back- at least $175. It is ridiculous that there is always a reason she can't make it. I totally get that her son is sick- but she owes me, and now with a month in between 'training' where we sit on my couch and talk or barely go outside for 10 minutes in my yard...$150 is a lot of money for someone to talk to about my dog. Having her meet with us now would feel like starting at ground zero. All over from the bottom....I am not willing to go there to be honest. Gypsy seems to be getting better as I said in my earlier update post, and I am starting to think that it is a matter of needing to grow up and hopefully with age she will continue to make progress, but a 'trainer' who doesn't train is a waste of my hard earned money.

Am I being to harsh?

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Re: I Hired a Trainer [Re: Zisso] #350744
06/07/19 05:27 PM
06/07/19 05:27 PM
Eastern Oregon
Z
Zisso Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Zisso  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Z

Eastern Oregon
After a discussion on FB messenger, I told her this long delay is not helpful to Gypsy;s progress and that I would like a refund on my remaining 3 sessions. Once I asked for a refund, she asked how about Sunday...by then I was already fed up and tired of waiting for a trainer who isn't committed to do what she was paid for. I turned down the offer for Sunday. At first she had wanted to wait until next Wednesday or Friday, and simply put, I am not waiting any longer. She made a commitment, cashed my check and has now cancelled twice. My patience ran out with this last cancellation.

The good news is, my own work with Gypsy is paying off. I have taught her to touch my hand, and am now connecting the dots for her to touch when she sees another dog. Rather than going ballistic over the dog, she needs to touch my hand and center her attention on me to get a treat. It worked a little bit today. We saw a poodle walking across the road towards us, and I got her to touch and fed her a treat, although as soon as she had it her focus went back to the poodle. The poodle was outside of Gypsy's bubble at all times, but closer than we usually get to strange dogs. Gypsy did not bark or act one bit aggressive. Then we saw another dog across the street walking the opposite direction and again no barking however getting her to focus on me this time didn't happen...no touch, no treat...just watched the dog across the street who was with a lady and a stroller. Both of the dogs we saw today were wearing Gentle Leaders just like Gypsy was.

So on the dog aggression I hired the trainer for in the 1st place, we have been on our own working on the issues anyway, so I might as well get my money back and use it for the fence tarps I want for my back yard chain link fence. Which by the way, the lumber tarps are serving their purpose extremely well! They are an eyesore though, and fence tarps are made for covering chain link, easier to put up and less expensive than privacy slats and much more pleasing to the eye.

I will update as I know more from this trainer lady- I haven't heard back from her since I insisted on a refund. I know there is a chance that I will have a fight on my hands, but I am prepared to take it to small claims court if need be. Yes, that would be an unfortunate hassle, but so is paying for a service and not getting it.

Bev~mom to:
Zisso-DOB 09/16/07

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
F Litter Puppies :D
by Indra. 12/06/19 05:36 AM
Hip dysplasia not hereditary
by jarn. 12/04/19 01:04 PM
Porky Pants!
by jarn. 12/04/19 12:31 PM
Blanket shopping
by Shilohsmom. 12/04/19 01:40 AM
Kody, Sasha and tree
by Shilohsmom. 12/02/19 04:10 PM
I love my babies
by Shilohsmom. 11/29/19 07:35 PM
December 2019 Photo Contest Entries
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/26/19 05:25 PM
Comments for December 2019 Contest
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/26/19 05:22 PM
Agis
by jarn. 11/26/19 01:51 AM
Puppy breath I'm thinking
by jarn. 11/25/19 11:40 PM
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Happy Thanksgiving
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 11/28/19 03:44 PM
World peace thru eating (not political0
by Mary Jane. 11/26/19 06:16 PM
Wheres Middle
by Shilohsmom. 11/22/19 12:15 AM
Weekend plans
by Shilohsmom. 11/16/19 04:43 PM
We're back!
by DarkEyes. 11/11/19 11:00 AM
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Indra), 5 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MarieElayne, WeyekinAcres, Xero, cutiebigdog, tommaheart
2971 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics18,348
Posts287,050
Members2,971
Most Online425
Nov 14th, 2019