German Shepherd Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Suggestions and Comment Area
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Hi Val. Since the upgrade the text no longer automatically wraps according to screen size. When I read it on my phone, I need to "scroll" to the right to read anything. For example, what I just typed does not go to a new line until the word "anything". Is there something I need to change in my settings?

Thanks,
Sylv
0 26 Read More
Commercial Dog Food
Yesterday at 06:53 PM
A friend of mine is feeding Victor dog food to his dogs and they seem to love it. I had never heard of it before this but it looks pretty good to me. Does anyone have any feedback on this brand?
0 20 Read More
Senior Dog Health Issues
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
Time for an Eli update. groovy We checked his bloodwork last week and he's good to go to stay on the steroids. The Vet thinks we should see the best results in another 8-12 weeks. He is walking better, he's pretty lucy goosey in the back but he's not criss crossing his back lets anymore. That helps a lot as he's able to get places without falling so often.

I'm still tackling his skin condition but I think we may be making progress. I've had to clip his hair a lot but I needed to get to where the areas will air out and hopefully heal.

His fecal incontinence has gotten worse, but all we can do is the best we can.

But his spirts are good. There are some days I wonder if I need to let him go but then (as they always seem to do) he perks up and we start over.
113 9,720 Read More
Senior Dog Health Issues
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
I agree, the waiting is always the worst part. I'm keeping our sweet girl in my thoughts and prayers and am hoping for great results.
12 233 Read More
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Middle, I will not disagree with you that even dogs owned by responsible owners may end up having dogs end up with Heartworm. I totally understand where you are coming from with regards to my statements/judgments. I am not making them lightly or recklessly when it comes to Bentley's former owners.

From the information I was provided by the rescue and in the shelter's notes, it appeared that Bentley's former owners were not responsible or careful or really gave a crap about Bentley's health. Bentley came into the SC shelter emaciated, intact, HW positive and with no proof of vaccinations (not even puppy vaccines). He was known by the shelter folks because he had been there two previous times. The last two times, the owners came in and claimed him. This last time, the shelter was told they could keep him after the owners were going to be fined for not having proof of rabies vaccine and a loose dog.

Unfortunately, because Bentley was beyond Stage 1 (he was diagnosed as being at Stage 3 by the rescue's vet), the slow kill method was not an option for his treatment.
7 137 Read More
Commercial Dog Food
Yesterday at 12:29 PM
Right now we are feeding Fromm Beef Frittata until we get to officially adopt Bentley. After that, we'll be switching back to raw. I fed Phoenix NE Pawfectly Raw but was just told about mOrigins by my holistic vet. She's been feeding this to her dog and has been pretty impressed with the product.
6 169 Read More
Yesterday at 04:21 AM
Thanks Val, I know I can enter two pics but an eon wil not turn up the other photo. I might have the negative somewhere (yes that one is that old). If I find another candidate, I'll try to get it in, too.
8 125 Read More
07/15/18 01:55 PM
Definitely "Stock" - thanks so much Val, you made my day! thumbup
37 308 Read More
07/14/18 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Shilohsmom
I have to be able to share my babies pics!

You sure do need to share those pics of your precious Kody. Thanks for the lovely pic today and the beautiful landscape in the background.
3 82 Read More
Items that Support this site.
07/11/18 05:16 AM
This is Sherry, a pup of mine with an inoperable heart condition, who is currently owned by a fellow who is helping folks with challenges to work with dogs. Hope it worked.
1 39 Read More
Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Text not automatically wrapping
by Sylv. 07/16/18 11:26 PM
Victor dog food
by Shilohsmom. 07/16/18 06:53 PM
Summer Vacation
by Woodreb. 07/15/18 02:48 PM
Don't let this happen to you
by Woodreb. 07/15/18 02:41 PM
7/2018 Picture Upload
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 07/14/18 02:41 PM
Orijen sold to Purina
by Wolfie. 07/14/18 02:04 AM
test for picture
by Shilohsmom. 07/13/18 01:25 AM
Last NH Trip
by Woodreb. 07/12/18 02:51 AM
Inline Photo Upload/Display
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 07/11/18 11:29 PM
Only constant in life is change...
by DnP. 07/10/18 08:09 PM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Thai soccer team/coach
by Shilohsmom. 07/06/18 08:17 PM
Starting the 4th early
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 06/27/18 06:50 PM
Changes at home
by Zisso. 06/24/18 05:55 PM
To all pet owners
by Shilohsmom. 06/10/18 08:21 PM
We've lost Arycest
by Islandgsds. 06/06/18 05:05 PM
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 97 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SunshineShepherd, Dedra, Tiltonhaus Germa, SonyasShepherds, tajinder
2904 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums100
Topics20,486
Posts326,383
Members2,904
Most Online137
Jan 8th, 2016