German Shepherd Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Puppy Training and Behavior
49 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Wisc.Tiger_Val
Rosa, when you are in the chair you are above Kody, when you are on the floor you are at the same level. He needs the Alpha and leadership right now.

I am glad you are seeing an improvement. Keep up the good work.

Got it!! Its great to see improvement.
11 136 Read More
Diet and Nutrition
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
I've never used it so I'm no help. I changed my pups to Victors recently and I'm pretty happy with that,
3 20 Read More
Remembering our Beloved Dogs
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. She was a great dog and a wonderful friend that will be missed. I think if a Vet tech had said that to me I would have slugged them....sorry, just saying. I'm sorry she made you feel worse as such a difficult time to begin with,
4 20 Read More
General Info & Misc. Dog Topics
03/18/19 10:14 PM
happyboogie
12 197 Read More
Senior Dog Health Issues
03/18/19 05:11 AM
Good dog Abbey!

It's hard for the humans. It's hard to watch the decline. I wish the news were better, I wish more of them lived to be pain free in their old age. May Abbey be joyful, may her pain be managed, may you have many more years with her.
1 47 Read More
Items that Support this site.
03/17/19 06:16 PM
Thank you. I am going to go through my pics and get a print made for each of the GSD's. Then I am going to get the key chain and hang under each picture.
2 32 Read More
03/17/19 03:53 AM
I'm sorry. She was beautiful. Sometimes I gather pictures of their life and remember them at different stages, and the different things we did together. Sometimes it helps me. We all grieve differently. It is so difficult to lose them because having them was so very good. She was loved, and had a good life with you.
15 540 Read More
Puppy Training and Behavior
03/10/19 03:05 AM
So glad Nova has a friend to play with, that helps so much. And she is very lovely!
6 510 Read More
Commercial Dog Food
03/04/19 08:04 PM
Lisa, Thanks for the updates and info. thumbup
38 2,090 Read More
Stories and Dog Chit-Chat
03/03/19 12:47 PM
Yep. Abbey likes having her meal at the same time every night. We've recently started feeding her a little bit at breakfast time so now soon as we're up... she's waiting to be fed her breakfast-snack.

Every time I put on my tennis shoes, even if I just walked her, she thinks it's time for the walk. Girl loves her walks!
3 316 Read More
Diet and Nutrition
03/03/19 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by HappyCamperDog
.....My vet dermatologist says most dogs are allergic to meat proteins much more than grain proteins anyhow.

I would probably argue higher allergens to meat proteins, but from observations on the forums, higher intolerances/food sensitivities to grains. I've never had a dog that could tolerate grains. (But I've only had three dogs.)

ETA: Hi Lori, good to see you wink
11 475 Read More
02/23/19 10:05 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news, Rosa. Eli was such a sweet, lovable handsome dog and he was so lucky to have you as his mom. He had the best life that any dog could ever have and he loved his life, and you. Take care of yourself and know that a lot of people are thinking of you and sending loving, healing thoughts your way.

Rest in peace, Eli. angel
25 922 Read More
Commercial Dog Food
02/23/19 09:11 PM
Are you stilll looking for food options?

I home cooked for my GSD for several years when he had chronic moderate pancreatitis. When we had to do surgery (for something else) the surgeon snagged a biopsy of his pancreas. It was finally healthy again.

With my dog, I boiled beef (which I know he wasnít allergic to) until it was dead, strained and rinsed it;, stirred in 33% brown rice, 33% non fat plain Greek yogurt (watch for thickeners and artificial sweeteners. Chobani, Fage, Safeway Organics and Walmart brand were safe). Iíd switch up the rice with baked/ nuked sweet or regular potatoes ((skins left on), quinoa, sometimes barley.

You can use chicken if your dog isnít allergic to it.

The important thing is to get Balance It at Balanceit.com.

Iíve had two veteraninary internists in two different states prescribe it for my dog. Itís not technically a prescription item, but I always recommend reviewing the diet with your veterinarian.

You can just order it online. Balance It Plus has almost no flavor and is easier to stir into food than regular Balance it. It can also be reheated. Both are good products. My dog just preferred Plus more. They ship nearly instantly.

Treats were non fat cottage cheese, reduced fat string cheese (which is already low fat) and merrick beef lung. My goal was to reduce his fat intake level as low as possible

Anyhow, my dog did well so well, his pancreas healed completely. Now he eats Royal Canin HP rx diet which is a lower fat hypoallergenic diet, but I donít have to obsess about his fat intake level. He gets to eat ice cream!
5 386 Read More
Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Quinnie (the werewolf)
by Selzer. 03/20/19 05:54 AM
Honest Kitchen
by SeanRescueMom. 03/20/19 01:50 AM
Abbey's evaluation
by DarkEyes. 03/17/19 11:08 AM
Lets talk about Kody
by Shilohsmom. 03/15/19 02:57 AM
Vote to Help GSD Health Research
by AgilePaws. 03/04/19 09:32 PM
Abbey and Bella
by DarkEyes. 03/03/19 12:29 PM
March 2019 Photo Contest Entries
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 03/02/19 03:07 PM
Comments for March 2019 Contest
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 03/02/19 03:06 PM
Mud
by Shilohsmom. 03/02/19 03:38 AM
Old pic of Kody
by Shilohsmom. 03/02/19 01:59 AM
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Oh Fence Me In!
by middleofnowhere. 03/11/19 08:02 PM
someone thinks I'm independently wealthy
by middleofnowhere. 02/21/19 01:27 AM
Moving Tomorrow!
by Kayos. 02/18/19 05:50 PM
How is everyone doing?
by Indra. 01/20/19 02:41 PM
How are You?
by Shilohsmom. 03/22/18 11:40 PM
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 5 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
slide, remydagsd, Kobasmom, Chill, RoniLucas1
2948 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics18,216
Posts285,588
Members2,948
Most Online220
Dec 20th, 2018