German Shepherd Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Senior Dog Health Issues
3 hours ago
Good luck with Neb.

Caleb was drinking close to a gallon of water a day the last month or so.
19 703 Read More
Stories and Dog Chit-Chat
3 hours ago
When I lived down in Texas I went to a herding training event with my boss one time. She had Aussies (at the time I had one of her dogs, too). Her boy went and herded sheep around the ring - did a wonderful job - then came back and peed on her. I don't think she ever figured out why and I think it was the only time he had ever done that.

Who knows what goes through the mind of a male dog when they do things like that.
1 9 Read More
Remembering our Beloved Dogs
Yesterday at 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by SeanRescueMom

Caleb knew exactly what he was doing. He was a sweet but smart guy. Actually Sean did something similar - DH and I would play monkey in the middle with him and when he dropped the ball, then picked it up he'd take off running as if to say, "hey guys, aren't you going to chase me?"

Caleb certainly was a smart boy. During the past month he was having more trouble walking in the house - wood floors, linoleum and dogs with DM or any kind of mobility problems really don't mix. We picked up a few cheap, non-slip rugs to help him get to the kitchen for mealtimes. It took no time at all for him to figure out that if he stayed on the rugs it was easier to walk to the kitchen. What we didn't do at the time was get enough to create a path from the water bowl out to the dining room along the front hallway. He went to get a drink after breakfast and I was watching him. I could almost see the wheels turning in his head looking across the stretch of wood floor and thinking "I don't know if I can make it from here to the rug over there. I'll have to go really fast to get to the rug as soon as possible." That's exactly what he did, although going fast resulted in him slipping on the floor. DH went out and got more rugs to covered that stretch of flooring, too.

I 've been seeing a turkey out eating in the back field ever other day or so for the past 2 weeks. It makes me remember how intently Caleb would watch the turkeys when he saw them in the field. Ciara has no interest in watching the turkeys. She runs and looks for a ball when I tell her there are turkeys out there.

We brought his ashes home yesterday and now he's sitting on the mantel. Somewhere in a box in the attic are the urns for Max, Kelly, Rica and Aodhán. We're going to get all of them together and scatter the ashes around the dogwood trees that DH planted this year. Caleb may still end up under his apple tree or the lilac, I'm not sure just yet.
22 445 Read More
Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Agis PEED on someone!!!!
by jarn. 05/28/22 03:23 PM
Sasha watching the chicken
by Shilohsmom. 05/26/22 10:23 PM
Caleb Moose - Run Free
by Woodreb. 05/14/22 01:36 AM
NH Spring 2022
by Woodreb. 05/09/22 11:52 PM
My Caleb Moose
by Woodreb. 05/08/22 02:04 AM
The eyes have it
by middleofnowhere. 05/02/22 05:32 AM
Whining handler blues
by middleofnowhere. 05/02/22 05:16 AM
Abbey's Garden
by DarkEyes. 05/02/22 03:02 AM
Tough week for Nebbers
by jarn. 04/25/22 12:17 AM
Caleb Joins the GSD 13 Club Today
by Woodreb. 03/29/22 02:50 PM
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Where is Lisa?
by Islandgsds. 05/19/22 11:31 PM
Off again
by jarn. 05/05/22 05:18 PM
I'm devastated
by Shilohsmom. 05/02/22 05:34 PM
Stay at Home Projects
by Woodreb. 08/15/20 12:46 AM
Rosa's Hello old Friends, continued part 2
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 01/13/15 03:49 PM
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 3 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Members
GSDman, GSDluvah, Bonwno, Mongoski, Lawz67
3048 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics18,755
Posts292,420
Members3,048
Most Online991
Jan 15th, 2020