German Shepherd Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Schutzhund/IPO & Other Protection Sports
2 hours ago
Maybe the hurdle will stay the same. (since the wall is going to be the most difficult one to change, why not?) The changes would be acceptable if we hadn't already trained the other way. Now this "not the best out there" handler has to figure out how to subtract a couple of large components from the venue. I thought we were working on other things. We need to work on other things.

And BTW my high school German was pretty lame even way back in the day ..... wink
3 99 Read More
4 hours ago
Is this only in DVG? In USCA, as far as we know right now, the jump will still be the same (retrieve) where as the wall is changing to the recall (and agree, it is a stupid change). Last I heard we didn't know the changes the WUSV/SV might make, if any, and only have the FCI changes.
3 99 Read More
Items that Support this site.
6 hours ago
Can we get a picture of Mayhem enjoying her pillow case??
1 18 Read More
15 hours ago
akc has done the same - "dumbing' down the OB and Rally and adding many more titles - increase participation (revenue?)

But still is a matter of training and dogs can do it - tougher on the trainer/handler's, i think.
3 99 Read More
16 hours ago
OK fine the German folks I guess it was - we credit them with anything we don't like - changed the name Schutzhund to IPO. Now they changed the name again I think there's an A, maybe a G? in there. Can we just go back to Schutzhund?

But but but that's not my main beef. Call the sport tomato sauce if you want.

However --- Those of us who thought we were working on a couple of things to get an obedience I title on our dog have had a few more added to the mix. Yup. They changed the Obedience 1 routine. Specifically the wall and the hurdle. NOW handler is supposed to sit the dog, walk around the obstacle and call the dog over. Yeah. Right. Makes as much sense as changing the sit and down out of motion. That was annoying but a lot easier than this. uh huh. And changing the group from rotating back to not rotating...

So my dog is trained to jump the hurdle and retrieve the dumbbell on the return. Same with the wall. OK there's a Bat's Chance in yes, that place, that we can figure out the hurdle. The wall? oh sure. ... This is not the easiest dog any way.... Has anyone here had any success with this ???? If my high school German were any better (it's been more than a few years), I'd write a letter of complaint. I suppose I could just say the hell with competing in obedience and just go with tracking with her. Basically flipping the organization off. This is DVG. I wonder if USA is the same?

Really folks I have enough frustrations without this sort of help....
3 99 Read More
18 hours ago
I'm trying out the pillow cases that support the site! They are soft and smooth and very nice! Mayhem loves hers too.
1 18 Read More
Yesterday at 03:18 PM
Thank You, Rosa when you decide what you want just send me a PM to arrange payment.
3 17 Read More
Yesterday at 03:16 PM
Wonderful. I'm going to want at least three of these!!! They will make great gifts for the holidays!!!
3 17 Read More
Stories and Dog Chit-Chat
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
wub rofl
3 316 Read More
Yesterday at 02:44 PM
The Actual Product will be about a month out. These will be larger and you will be able to customize. Price will be $15 - $20.
3 17 Read More
Yesterday at 02:40 PM
I have a limited supply of the Prototype available.

Stainless Steel
$10 each includes Postage. Contact me Via PM with your request and I can send you PayPal Payment Link, Stripe Users Contact me with order and Email Address. Let me know if you want to send a check.
3 17 Read More
09/21/18 06:41 PM
I have to laugh myself as I don't think the story had Granny being stuffed in a box that the Wolf took off with. rofl I just make up the stories as I go along..
3 316 Read More
09/21/18 05:03 PM
wub
3 316 Read More
Suggestions and Comment Area
09/21/18 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Sylv
Originally Posted by SeanRescueMom
Question for Val - just out of curiosity, why can't I post a pic to a private message? The Attachment Manager/post icon does not show up in a pm.

I have the same issue with posting on the forum (no Attachment Manager icon).

We used to be able to post a pic in a pm before the updates, not sure why we can't do it now. Val, we need your help.
6 543 Read More
09/21/18 12:03 AM
Just now I was trying to get clean sheets on the bed and Kody just had to help. cool In no time I had given up on making the bed and instead focused on my boy. Lots of kisses turned into belly rubs and toe counts. Next time I knew I was telling him the story of Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf. Now I'll admit, I don't know any real stories so I had to make up things as we go along.

Well the look on that boys face as he laid on his back was just so funny. His little tongue was hanging out and the white of his eyes were showing.....I tell ya, I so wished I had this on video. When I got to the part where the wolf took off with Granny in the box I thought he was going to actually start laughing....it was sooooooooooooooo cute. I guess you had to be there but it sure was funny.
3 316 Read More
Health Issues
09/20/18 07:42 PM
I have no idea but wanted to say I'm so sorry for what happened.

The only food issue I'm aware of now has to do with Grain Free diets and DCM.
3 179 Read More
Health Issues
09/20/18 07:00 PM
No, they decided against that. I think they were torn as wanting to know and what's the point.... and our conversation ended with "what the heck happened?" because while maybe it was a bloat like thing, it wasn't like the bloat my dog had experienced. The dog's reaction didn't match anything else in my experience either.
3 179 Read More
09/20/18 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by SeanRescueMom
Question for Val - just out of curiosity, why can't I post a pic to a private message? The Attachment Manager/post icon does not show up in a pm.

I have the same issue with posting on the forum (no Attachment Manager icon).
6 543 Read More
Health Issues
09/20/18 03:00 PM
middle, I am sorry for your friends loss of their dog. Are they have a necropsy done?
3 179 Read More
Health Issues
09/20/18 02:52 AM
This is for a friend.
She struggled with her small mix breed dog's health this summer. Initial diagnosis was heart problems, collapsed trachea and something else + too fat. Heart meds weren't helping so got a second diagnosis. No heart issues but trachea issue & too fat. Put on antibiotic and prednisone + gradual change over to Hill's low fat for small dogs. Dog was doing great in the middle of the food change and was gradually weaned off prednisone. Then off prednisone and fully on low fat food - same bag as used in blending in prep for switch.
Suddenly in the middle of the night the dog screamed & leapt off the bed, continued screaming and scooted under furniture. Attempts to move her out for a trip to the vet = significant bite and dog refusing to come out. When dog was caught, the legs stiffened and she died.

Is it the food? Is it something with the prednisone which was properly weaned? What else? Any one hear of issues with SD low fat formulas recently? With any other feed?

Any place else we might ask about this?

3 179 Read More
Basic Care & Discussions
09/20/18 02:48 AM
You are welcome, Rosa. smile

Glad you found one in your price range. I hope you will be happy with Zodiac.
5 651 Read More
09/20/18 01:10 AM
6 543 Read More
09/19/18 10:11 PM
Gosh, I know how frustrating it can be trying to load pics. Sorry, I'm no help headbang I finally figured out how to do it using Flicker but I'm thinking that's not the way most people do it.

I'm just glad your alright and healing.
11 932 Read More
09/19/18 06:00 PM
I thought I had finally found a way to post the pictures. Edited to admit defeat.

11 932 Read More
Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Handler frustration
by middleofnowhere. 09/25/18 03:37 AM
Marshall Dillon is 2 yrs old!
by kaisersmom. 09/23/18 03:36 AM
Stories
by Shilohsmom. 09/21/18 12:03 AM
Looking for an answer, pos. food issue?
by middleofnowhere. 09/20/18 02:52 AM
Happy Birthday Z!
by Zisso. 09/16/18 02:50 PM
The day my dog tried to kill me
by Sylv. 09/14/18 08:20 PM
Harness
by Todd. 09/12/18 08:48 PM
But Bennie wasn't broken!
by PositiveDog. 09/07/18 10:43 PM
Flea & Tick preventative
by Shilohsmom. 09/07/18 04:08 AM
I'm Back
by Chey & The Herd. 09/04/18 08:07 PM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
East coast friends, please keep us posted
by PositiveDog. 09/13/18 08:27 PM
Kathy (Kayos Mod) could use us
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 09/04/18 01:34 PM
Happy Labor Day weekend
by Shilohsmom. 09/01/18 01:41 AM
Summer Produce/Winter YUM
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 08/30/18 04:46 PM
Punctuation Experts
by Wisc.Tiger_Val. 08/25/18 07:39 PM
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (middleofnowhere), 90 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ArminDolphin, achilleas, Ruger0sasha, NurseBishop, Roguehk
2922 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums100
Topics20,536
Posts326,994
Members2,922
Most Online209
Jul 31st, 2018